Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Darius Garland to Vandy

7 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Those programs don't make any money though. 

So let's just scrap them!! Forget soccer, women's basketball, volleyball, rowing, women's soccer, field hockey, swimming and diving, track and field, water polo, etc.  IU athletics is not about only being a money maker.  Are you telling me, honestly and truly, that men's basketball and football haven't made money under Glass??????

Anyway, Glass is not the title of this thread, Garland is.  I apologize for the sidetracking

26 minutes ago, mamasa said:

So let's just scrap them!! Forget soccer, women's basketball, volleyball, rowing, women's soccer, field hockey, swimming and diving, track and field, water polo, etc.  IU athletics is not about only being a money maker.  Are you telling me, honestly and truly, that men's basketball and football haven't made money under Glass??????

I never said they didn't. They do. Basketball and football are the reasons why there's money for the other programs. It makes sense to focus on basketball and football because they're the money making ones. 

Edit: Just wanted to add this... If the other sports do well then that's great. I just believe that when it comes to the athletic director he's ultimately going to be judged on how the football and basketball programs perform. If they do well then the important people are going to be happy. If they don't do well then they won't be. 

Yep, as much as it would be amazing to land garland tomorrow, a loss tonight would really take any wind out of my sail. We need to get the wins to keep the players and fans in it. A bunch of early losses and blowouts will really destroy our momentum

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

We won’t lose to Howard tonight. I’d bet my bottom dollar on that.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Garlands recruitment has a lot of similarities to the Zeller recruitment. Nobody really knew until the announcement. I think the coaches found out just before he announced. Fans from IU, Butler and UNC all had some optimism that they were getting him.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 minute ago, LamarCheeks said:

I see that he's gonna announce at 3:45 tomorrow afternoon. Does anybody know if it's gonna be streamed anywhere?

I haven't seen anything. I feel like a local Nashville TV station might but that's just my guess. 

Garlands recruitment has a lot of similarities to the Zeller recruitment. Nobody really knew until the announcement. I think the coaches found out just before he announced. Fans from IU, Butler and UNC all had some optimism that they were getting him.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If it was me, i wouldnt let coaches know until about an hour before. Way too many leaks

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app