Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Darius Garland to Vandy

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Coach Teri Moren needs to step up!
emoji2.png

Im a little shocked that certain schools don't force their womens coaches to exclusively recruit the Girlfriends of top recruit

Namely the two down south and the one in Tobacco road that I can no longer even call a school

http://247sports.com/Article/Checking-In-With-Five-Star-PG-Darius-Garland-UCLA-Vanderbilt-Duk-105654428

IU part:

Let’s go through them. Let’s start with Indiana..

With Indiana, coach (Archie) Miller came in and really changed the program this year. They have a really good recruiting class coming in.

They’ve already got some talented commits for your class. Have you visited the campus? Some may not know you’re from Gary, Indiana.

I am and I visited in the summer, well, last summer.

Did the fact that it was the prior staff have any effect on your thought process?

Right. I knew I liked the campus and the facilities. That didn't change.

Anything else, as to why they made your final list?

I mean, I’m from there. I like the new staff too.

And it’s certainly a big-time program.

Right. That was a factor too.

Also said he will take all 5 officials but doesn't know when yet. More importantly, he downplayed the previous talk of wanting to do a package deal. Relevant quotes below:

It’s going to be strictly you?

Yeah. I mean, if other people join me, it’ll be great, but it’s going to be my decision. It might be a package deal, but it might not.

The package aspect is more of "if it happens, it happens?"

Right.

I will say after watching 2 Garland games last week I'd like to see more fire/fight out of Garland. He's got slick/crazy skills and a good shot. Great vision, etc.. But man, he didn't compete at the same level Akinjo was competing.

You get Garland to motor and compete like Akinjo, that's the ticket.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

36 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I will say after watching 2 Garland games last week I'd like to see more fire/fight out of Garland. He's got slick/crazy skills and a good shot. Great vision, etc.. But man, he didn't compete at the same level Akinjo was competing.

Could not agree more. Akinjo owned that team and Garland seemed like just a piece. But, man, is he a skilled piece.

I believe Cole Anthony is that combination you're looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

If you watch Garland highlights from the SC30 game, then you will see this kid has it. I know some have questioned him being a one and done but not I believe he will be. Could be mistaken by a post on twitter, but I think he got MVP of the game.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Where is everyone? This is about as dead I have seen this board

Still here. There's really not much to talk about right now. Pretty significant dead period for bball when football is starting this month and not many recruits are making their decisions anytime soon except for Phinisee.

Same thing happens every year this is the quiet time right before things get rolling.

This has been the most active offseason on here since I joined but that's expected with a coaching change and 3 commits for basketball and a new football coach.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

yeah, I'm pretty much active nonstop and even for me there isn't too much new to go on basketball wise. 

no new recruiting targets that we know of.  no official visits scheduled yet.  full schedule hasn't been released.  things will begin to ramp up here soon when official visits start and we get the schedule.  

Can't figure out how to do it from my mobile app but wanted to make a poll to gauge everyone's expectations for Archie's tenure. Not sure if anyone is interested like me and would make one but my question would be: "if you had the ability to take a guarantee of exactly this, or roll the dice, would you take this scenario: Archie is here for 20 years, wins the Bigten 5 times, makes the tourney 17 times, makes 3 final fours and wins 1 national championship

Yes I know Zona isn't in the picture for Garland. Point is the POINT market is gonna start moving.

Zone might not of been in market for Garland but they proved a team can to take 2 top 40 players that play pg so the idea of Garland and Jones playing together at Duke looks more like a realistic outcome then I thought before

Zone might not of been in market for Garland but they proved a team can to take 2 top 40 players that play pg so the idea of Garland and Jones playing together at Duke looks more like a realistic outcome then I thought before

Saw Williams is okay coming off the bench. Sean talked to him before he took his commitment.

Garland & Jones could play together sure, but I have thought Duke was realistic the entire time, even now. Realistic and probable are opposites for me though. Garland is gonna end up at Vanderbilt IMO. UK is taking Quickley. UCLA could end up being a dark horse for him.