Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Darius Garland to Vandy

Look ISU beat Illinois and played Purdue tough in their exhibition. This is a bad loss, but it’s nothing to overreact too and certainly isn’t going to change Darius’s or Romeo’s decision. Missing Hartman hurt and Rojo needs to remember that he plays for Indiana not at Indiana. We’ll be fine. 

41 minutes ago, IUsince1980 said:

The point is this shouldnt be happening. Not to this team. How does Archie not get the team fired up to play in his first game as head coach at Assembly Hall? You cant tell me ISU is more talented. This is coaching.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using BtownBanners mobile app

Just coaching? The players have no fault in this then. Gotcha.

6 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

They are almost must gets if we don't want a three year rebuild.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Yeah I’ve always said Romeo is a must get. Garland is now a must get as well. IU will get both and they’re gonna start from the jump. I’m not jumping ship after one game though. Archie will get these guys going

3 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Just coaching? The players have no fault in this then. Gotcha.

Where have I heard this before...lol

Im not about to judge the coach off one game so I'd say 1980 is wrong there, but he's right about 2 things: No fire and we got hammered by a less talented team.

Yeah I’ve always said Romeo is a must get. Garland is now a must get as well. IU will get both and they’re gonna start from the jump. I’m not jumping ship after one game though. Archie will get these guys going
I'm not jumping ship at all
Im just saying if we want to challenge in the big ten next year they are must gets. If not might be rough making the tourney next year as well.

1 minute ago, Bailey7878 said:

I'm not jumping ship at all
Im just saying if we want to challenge in the big ten next year they are must gets. If not might be rough making the tourney next year as well.

I’m not saying you’re jumping ship. I’m just saying I’m not overreacting to one game. Yeah it was pathetic but Archie will get them going

I’m not saying you’re jumping ship. I’m just saying I’m not overreacting to one game. Yeah it was pathetic but Archie will get them going

He might not though. These guys don't have Archie DNA. They don't seem to understand how he wants them to play. I hope they can figure it out, but they had all off season and they have no clue of what style they are supposed to play.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

5 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

He might not though. These guys don't have Archie DNA. They don't seem to understand how he wants them to play. I hope they can figure it out, but they had all off season and they have no clue of what style they are supposed to play.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

IU will be alright this year. That’s what I’ve said the whole time. Archie will get them going. Next year is when the cavalry comes though

1 hour ago, Me So Hornsby said:

Look ISU beat Illinois and played Purdue tough in their exhibition. This is a bad loss, but it’s nothing to overreact too and certainly isn’t going to change Darius’s or Romeo’s decision. Missing Hartman hurt and Rojo needs to remember that he plays for Indiana not at Indiana. We’ll be fine. 

I honestly can't think of a bigger cliche than "For Indiana." Gag me 

1 hour ago, IUsince1980 said:

Why would they wanna come play on a team getting murdered on its home court by ISU? Hell, Crean could be doing this.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using BtownBanners mobile app

Thanks for popping in for a visit. I've really enjoyed your insights recently.