Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Darius Garland to Vandy

7 minutes ago, JHoosier914 said:

Based on that picture with Garland, I would guess 10. I've already ordered it to beat the rush.

Smart way to get ahead of the curve. Early Christmas shopping is done for you. Make sure on Tuesday you order the Romeo one too. Keep both receipts just in case

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Smart way to get ahead of the curve. Early Christmas shopping is done for you. Make sure on Tuesday you order the Romeo one too. Keep both receipts just in case

Burn the receipts or you'll jinx the whole thing. Don't ruin this for us.

Do we know if Winston reached out to Daniels to let him know and didn’t let Rabjohns know? If so that’s not a good sign. When Rabjohns reported of the date change he referenced the Daniels tweet and no words that he spoke to Winston himself

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just now, Hoosier1984 said:

Do we know if Winston reached out to Daniels to let him know and didn’t let Rabjohns know? If so that’s not a good sign. When Rabjohns reported of the date change he referenced the Daniels tweet and no words that he spoke to Winston himself

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

He was too busy giggling after Winston told him DG is coming to IU and forgot to write something.

Chris either you are drunk and your inhibitions are slipping or you're hearing some really good news for IU. Either way...... awesome!

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

At this day in age, I don't think blue bloods matter to much in terms of exposure. Look at what happened to Ben Simmons? Played in a decent conference of course, but LSU is not a basketball school. I know it's just one example, but I'm sure there's others. Collin Sexton and Ben Simmons are just examples that come to my mind recently. 
We'll find out this list this weekend and go from there. 

I shared around 10 players in the top ten that didn't go to basketball schools since 2012. It happens. Some people can't understand that.

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app

Indiana hasn't gotten much of any Top 10 recruits lately. Garland is 10th and Romeo is 5th on 247sports. Zeller was the only one under Crean and Gordon was the only one under Sampson. Archie being able to get 2 in one recruiting class would be crazy in itself.

Cody wasn't top 10

Sent from my SM-G950U using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, iufaninillinois said:

I shared around 10 players in the top ten that didn't go to basketball schools since 2012. It happens. Some people can't understand that.

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app

I think people can understand it but the examples provided were different situations entirely than RL and DG. And the ones that are happening outside of those examples reek of shadiness!

One thing to watch for on Monday is if Rabjohns makes the trip down for the announcement. He recently said that he'd be there unless he was let known prior that Darius wasn't going to pick IU. He and Evan Daniels seem to be the closest media people to the Garland family. So if Rabby makes the trip down he either really believes IU has a great shot or has already been told of the commitment. 
Personally, I think most signs point to IU. Timeline and reasons from what I've gathered: 
  • Darius and Romeo playing HORSE on the court together after getting standings ovations at Hoosier Hysteria
  • A member of another site reading a text from our Head Coach saying something along the lines of "I think we're getting all 4 of them." DG, RL, TJD, KB 
  • Week after HH, people in Nashville telling Rabjohns and Jerry Meyer that IU is the favorite. Some are still saying it, but others say they "don't know" after things got silent
  • Garland family inviting Rabjohns down twice in the last two weeks to write stories and share information with him 
  • Vanderbilt coaching staff visiting Darius twice in a week after the IU momentum
  • Some people mention the Vanderbilt staff started pumping out optimism to increase hometown pressure on Darius
  • Vanderbilt insiders bragging about how close they are to the situation because they talk to the Vanderbilt staff daily
  • Archie not feeling the need to visit since the week after HH, confidence maybe? Not sure 
  • Garland's old AAU coach saying yesterday he believes he'll choose IU and heard from a Brentwood Academy staff member who thinks the same thing 
  • Winston Garland mentioning that Darius has had a school in his heart (something like that) for a couple of weeks now. Timeline perfectly matches up with Hoosier Hysteria timeline when we were the perceived favorite. 
  • Lastly, does Vandy give him the best chance to get to the NBA? Coaching staff is not even close, roster talent is not even close, incoming class is not even close, exposure is not even close. Yes, he's a top 10 prospect but undersized PG's are never automatic One and Done's
  • Hoosier Guy 
Concerns 
  • Vandy is the hometown school. Great academics. Has friends playing there next year. 
  • Darius' friend's tweet 
  • Crystal ball picks 
  • Vandy has recruited him the longest and definitely more consistent than us (Crean to Archie) 
  • Drew's BS pitch of running "NBA style practices." "I played in the NBA, I know what it takes to get there."  
Sorry for the length, by far my longest post ever haha just kinda wanted to get my thoughts down. Darius could still pick Vanderbilt, but there are reasons to be confident. 
Where did you see the stuff about the aau coach?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk