Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Darius Garland to Vandy

The game is at Belmont. That means Darius to Belmont is confirmed. Nice try IU and Vandy.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If you think about it... Belmont has blue in their colors, so Penn St could be in play here.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BtownBanners mobile app

16 minutes ago, JHoosier914 said:

bad examples?  I'm not sure how any example is 'bad' but I will agree with you that it is MORE likely top recruits still go to blue bloods, but less likely than it used to be..that's all I was trying to convey.

Michael Porter's dad was hired at Missouri and Simmons godfather/family friend was on the staff. Both were added to get those players. Just a different situation entirely than if Vandy were to get RL. That's all I was saying. 

18 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Why? Because they weren't handed the cash? The "connections" are either a) receiving the payments or b) received the job because of the connection (Mizzou and Porter)

Family ties for both. They were strongly considered the favorites the second the family members were on staff. Just a different situation entirely than RL and Vandy. 

Who was the last recruit that had this much talk and ended up turning us down? 

I can't recall anyone recently with this much sustained talk. Honestly, sadly, probably Moses Abraham for different reasons. We have had missed but none that got to this many pages of discussions.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

Wilkes

Outside looking in Wilkes, but I knew UCLA had him as did others. He was taking pictures and sending them to Alford on his last or next to last visit to IU. I do respect him for telling Crean in person. He deserves a lot of respect for that.

2 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Rabs is definitely gonna miss the attention once Garland announces. He has been pretty much the main voice the last week or so. 

I think that bodes well for IU that he's the one who has been breaking the stories and been in to see the family for interviews so much but maybe that's just my optimism blinding me.