Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Darius Garland to Vandy

I don't think Shittu goes to Vandy without DG. So far Shittu has only cancelled a UNC trip. If anything more solid comes about regarding Shittu to Vandy then I am assuming DG is headed there as well.

Seems to be a lot of momentum right now towards Vandy.

We used the "you can become a state legend" pitch to Romeo and hopefully it works but since DG will hear that pitch being used by us for Romeo it might have some draw for him at Vandy too. He can become THE legend there.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Drew is a good coach and Vandy is a fantastic school. They have had good teams before. Fans of all teams have this bad habit assuming that every time a player goes somewhere else other than their school, then that school must obviously be cheating. Kids go to a college for a ton of different reasons. Just be happy CAM jumped in late in the game and got this far with a high recruit. Wish the player the best of luck and a fruitful basketball career moving forward and then move on. It is entertainment for us, it is a life decision for them.

EDIT: I don't know whether DG is going to go to Vandy or not.

Just now, 8bucks said:

I don't think Shittu goes to Vandy without DG. So far Shittu has only cancelled a UNC trip. If anything more solid comes about regarding Shittu to Vandy then I am assuming DG is headed there as well.

Seems to be a lot of momentum right now towards Vandy.

We used the "you can become a state legend" pitch to Romeo and hopefully it works but since DG will hear that pitch being used by us for Romeo it might have some draw for him at Vandy too. He can become THE legend there.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I've seen conflicting stories on this. Some say he cancelled the UNC trip and others are saying it was never actually scheduled.

1 minute ago, HoosierRobbie said:

Doubtful, IU is a blue blood, vandy is just vandy.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

No hate for Vandy.  Nashville has been one of my favorite spots for the last decade.  If I don't stay in the Union Station hotel, then I'm somewhere close to campus just to be around it.  Regardless of how this comes out, I have high regard for Darius.  

(Hoosier Guy, you're our only hope.)

4 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

Lol... come on now. Don't stoop to this level. Drew is a good coach with a story similar to Archies. 

I’m not stooping to any level. Genuinely curious how Vandy has a good shot at getting two top 10 commitments with another top 10 in Romeo being interested. They have no history of this and Bryce Drew has no history of getting anyone to the league. If that doesn’t peak your curiosity idk what to tell you.

Sounds more and more like hes going to Vandy. We've all been through this before with countless recruits which is why i dont ever have too much optimism. Vandy is a good school. IU doesn't have the appeal it once did but we fans want to see it differently for obvious reasons.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using BtownBanners mobile app

Just a friendly reminder, if IU is not the choice there wont be any name calling/cursing out a kid on here. This is everyone's warning on it so if it happens expect some kind of vacation from the site.

Quite honestly the same should apply for our players when the season rolls around.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Stromboli said:

No hate for Vandy.  Nashville has been one of my favorite spots for the last decade.  If I don't stay in the Union Station hotel, then I'm somewhere close to campus just to be around it.  Regardless of how this comes out, I have high regard for Darius.  

(Hoosier Guy, you're our only hope.)

Yeah but it's not a basketball school. Never has been although maybe Drew can turn the ship. It's gotta be the hometown thing more than anything and the fact that Drew has convinced a few high profile recruits that they can be something special together. 

34 minutes ago, VO5 said:

What is Drew selling? Because whatever it is, it can’t be real. Something just doesn’t feel right with the way he is recruiting. 

I think he is a big time up and comer. Only thing that you can try to pin him to is Scott Drew, his brother. Although that's not really fair. 

Rabby just said that Garland's best friend who is a Vandy FB recruit is telling everyone that it's Vandy now.

Lol that was the twitter conversation that was on here a couple of nights ago. Is that what everyone is up in arms about? Shittu apparently was never scheduled to go to UNC and people are still expecting a spring decision for him. Lmao I love this board.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

I think he is a big time up and comer. Only thing that you can try to pin him to is Scott Drew, his brother. Although that's not really fair. 

True.  And we must remember that Archie's brother has had some recent accusations - Drew is no more guilty for what his brother did than Arch.