Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Darius Garland to Vandy

Winston has said that Darius has known for weeks...do you think he told Shittu that he is going to go to Vandy and that made Shittu cancel his visit and basically commit to Vandy and the visit Darius wants with Archie is to thank him for everything but to tell him he is committing to Vandy? He seems like a class act kid and wouldn't want Drew or Archie finding out where he is going to play via twitter/video announcement. **This is all just my opinion and a guess**

I hope none of this is true, but i feel like we just took a giant step back

Edited by cleeter

Just now, Dalton26 said:

Just a friendly reminder, if IU is not the choice there still want be any of that name calling/cursing out a kid on here. This is everyone's warning on it so if it happens expect some kind of vacation from the site.

You suck!!!! But are correct these are 18-year-old kids who are doing what's best for them not us. 

Just now, Dalton26 said:

Just a friendly reminder, if IU is not the choice there still want be any of that name calling/cursing out a kid on here. This is everyone's warning on it so if it happens expect some kind of vacation from the site.

Agree 100%. 

I know I see people saying that the “known for weeks” comment sounds pro IU but when I put that with the tweet from that one guy with the emojis and now especially the football player (may be the same guy, I don’t know) it just doesn’t bode well for me. Hopefully he’s just looking for attention.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Also, I'm sure DG kept his mouth shut for years, then went to a high school football player and said "I have a huge secret for you".  So ridiculous.  Just kids looking for attention, and by kids, I don't mean DG.  It's the coat tail people who are looking for attention through this situation.

This is another reason not to get too invested I the recruiting side of college basketball. I want kids to be successful no matter where they go or what they decide. While it can be a fun diversion at times, we create most of our own drama. We are embarking on an exciting new era for Indiana basketball and the decisions of high school kids aren't going to change that. I'm going to sit back and enjoy the process.

Perhaps there is reason why Archie didn't visit last week, i.e. maybe he was informed that we were out or got enough indications to draw his own conclusion.  IDK, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Like some, I don't really see what the draw to Vandy is and what Drew maybe "selling", but let's face it - if we were to sign both DG and RL there would be others wondering what we're "paying" to get recruits all of a sudden.  I'm not jumping into those baseless suggestions.

Perhaps there is reason why Archie didn't visit last week, i.e. maybe he was informed that we were out or got enough indications to draw his own conclusion.  IDK, but we'll just have to wait and see.
Like some, I don't really see what the draw to Vandy is and what Drew maybe "selling", but let's face it - if we were to sign both DG and RL there would be others wondering what we're "paying" to get recruits all of a sudden.  I'm not jumping into those baseless suggestions.

Doubtful, IU is a blue blood, vandy is just vandy.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app