Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Darius Garland to Vandy

4 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Garland has been sharing a lot of kids comitting to Vandy on twitter. So much so word got out he had decided to go there but that was shot down. I said from the jump Vandy and Duke are our main competition. Vandy maybe more than Duke. Still think we have a shot.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Who has committed there?

4 hours ago, indianaranger said:

We have zero  recruiting momentum to land any big time players this year.

I think, once we get that first 4 or 5 star to pop, even if it's a '19, it'll serve as a springboard.

From ESPN:

No one-and-done point guards in 2018
The Class of 2016 had the best group of point guards in a long time. In this year's class there isn't one point guard ranked inside the top 10. This group is very good for the college game, but not the type to take over and then immediately jump to the pros. Darius Garland is the highest-rated point guard in the class. In order for him to make the jump he would need to hit the weight room and gain much-needed muscle and maybe even grow some to fit into that category. The great news is college basketball will have some outstanding point guards for multiple years.

No. 1 point guard Darius Garland makes most of Italian adventure

507SHARES
 TWEET
 EMAIL

By: USA TODAY High School Sports | June 13, 2017

Darius Garland was already considered among the top basketball players in the Class of 2018, ranked No. 6 overall and as the No. 1 point guard according to the 247Sports Composite.

His weekend performance in Treviso, Italy, during the adidas Eurocamp in front of NBA scouts, only furthered that standing.

The 6-1 Garland was the event’s leading scorer at 15.7 points over the three games for Team Path, and he only played about 20 minutes per game. He also shot 76 percent from the floor (19-for-25). PATH was one of two Under-18 teams U.S.-based teams taking part.

“I thought I played really well,” Garland, from Brentwood Academy in Tennessee, told USA TODAY High School Sports. “My teammates got me open shots and I knocked them down. We got out in transition and pushed the ball ahead and made plays for other teammates.”

5336102.jpg?w=1000

Darius Garland (Photo: adidas)

Garland, who has offers from Duke, Indiana and Louisville among others, had 18 points to lead all scorers on the first day and was 7-for-7 shooting in the opener.

Team Path’s roster had several top 10 players from the Class of 2018, including Zion Williamson, Cam Reddish and Romeo Langford,

The trip to Europe followed Garland’s outstanding play during the Nike EYBL season. He averaged 16.8 points, 4.8 assists and 3.1 rebounds per game for Bradley Beal Elite (Mo.).

“Playing with a lot of big-time players for the first time is hard for some people because they do so much for their AAU team where they’re ‘the man’ for the team,” Garland said. “The Path group put all that aside and played together as one, and we all did what we needed to do to win games.

“It was a great experience going to Europe. It was our first time going out of the country for some of us. We made the best out of every moment starting from the long plane ride to the hot gym full of NBA scouts.”

Garland also said the team got the chance to experience some of the sights and culture in Italy.

“We saw a lot of places in such little time,” he said. “It was fun to go see the Coliseum, the Basilica of St. Mary in Venice, The Spanish Steps, and also the Vatican … It was a great experience all around from the culture perspective and on the court.”

507SHARES
 TWEET

WHO IS THE MOST ENTERTAINING PLAYER IN HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL?

Os2fwyu6e5jzf0gsrjbe
Marvin Bagley
Jon Lopez/Nike @NikeEYB

BOSSI: The most entertaining player is the best player, at least most of the time. In that case, give me Marvin Bagley III, the No. 1 player in the class of 2018 and all of high school basketball now that Michael Porter Jr. from 2017 has moved on to college. Bagley plays way above the rim, dominates the glass and has a very good motor. He might not be the most flashy player in the country, but the level of production he has is highly entertaining and I don't think I've ever walked away from watching him feeling even slightly underwhelmed.

EVANS: How can you go with anyone but Zion Williamson? The 6-foot-7 forward took the country by storm with his other-worldly dunking skills last year. Not since LeBron James graced the high school realm have people been more entertained by an amateur prospect than they are right now with Williamson. Want further proof of the demand placed upon him? He boasts close to 62,000 followers on Twitter and 739,000 followers on Instagram.

PEEK: Darius Garland is one of my favorite players to watch because of his speed, his passing, and the way he finishes at the rim. He's the best passer in the class and I know passing might not be as glamorous as dunking, but there have been multiple times where I've seen him make an impossible pass and asked myself how exactly he did that. A lot of his entertainment factor has to do with the way he attacks the basket (sometimes with four defenders in the lane) and finds one of his forwards for the finish.

12 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Peegs has an interview with him as well so it might be better news

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Check my other post were OK he talks to Archie almost daily. He is going to be a spring signing and wants to take all 5 visits. Wants to make a super team which sounds like Duke since they are recruiting all of the players he wants to play with but he does love Romeo. 

Check my other post were OK he talks to Archie almost daily. He is going to be a spring signing and wants to take all 5 visits. Wants to make a super team which sounds like Duke since they are recruiting all of the players he wants to play with but he does love Romeo. 

I read it on Peegs

I read it on Peegs

Don't think Garland to Duke unless they don't land Tre Jones. Can't see them both there. I'll tell you what though, we land Romeo and there is no reason why we couldn't have our own little super team. Add Garland (wants to play with Langford) and pull off a Moses Brown get...all bets off!

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app