Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Darius Garland to Vandy

15 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

What’s it matter after that fact who was second. He chose his hometown school over 3 basketball schools. Did it matter that Dante exum said if he went to college he would of chose IU after the fact he entered the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I had to come back for this comment. Why’s it matter after the fact who was second? Ask Darius that question. He didn’t need to say who was second. Just like Gary Harris didn’t have to say IU was second after committing to Michigan State

1 minute ago, Hoosier82 said:

I keep thinking that any moment we are going to find out the coach Knight slighted Winston during his recruitment and this was his ultimate retribution to IU.... lol

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Lol, let's just go with this. Makes for a good story.

17 minutes ago, IUHAHN82 said:

5 stars aren't always the answer.  Look at how many times Kentucky has won the championship under Cal.  Hell we beat numerous 5 star loaded teams with CTC!  We have a great coach now and I'll take our roster of solid 4 stars that wanna play as a team.  

I loathe Scumapari but the scoreboard says that he has taken his freshmen 5 stars to the FF four of the last seven years including a national championship. I do not want to emulate him but he seems to be doing pretty well with his 5 stars.

12 minutes ago, VO5 said:

What do you make of Evan Daniels saying it was down to IU and Vandy weeks ago? Or Meyer and the Crystal ball? Or the countless interactions with Winston and Rabjohns the past 2 weeks. Seems like a lot of different sources to me. We’ll never know but there’s too much smoke.

There was too much smoke for Garland to not come to Indiana. I make nothing of it because I have no way of confirming it's validity. 

People on here are getting ridiculous. I made one last ditch effort to look at how things are going now and wow. What I said earlier looks to be exactly true. Rabjohns was misled and so was Evan Daniels and many others. The info regarding this recruitment doesn't mean none of those guys know what they're talking about. If you don't wanna pay attention to them, fine I'm guessing they won't miss ya because this one has taken a weird turn. Now UCLA was 2nd lol? No just no. IDC who questions me but that wasn't reported by a single source on the whole internet so if myself or any guy gets attacked, attack the whole business. It is teenagers lol. Anything can happen. Literally anything. Anything can be said and taken wrong ways. I guarantee you Archie himself thought they were at least 2nd at least so is his a fake source haha? I was mad earlier because I thought it was someone I work with feeding me lies, but seeing how it could have happened to a bunch of people IDC. I'm moving on, but all these people attacking "insiders" is stupid. All recruiting is, is educated guesses. You have a good number of kids who will tell you who leads and what not but not that many. It becomes guessing after that. Definitely an agenda going on with IU and the Garland family out of literally no where, but I do wish the kid the best. I hope he does well, but unless Romeo follows suit I probably won't watch him until he gets to the NBA. 

6 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

There was too much smoke for Garland to not come to Indiana. I make nothing of it because I have no way of confirming it's validity. 

That’s fine. To each their own 

Just now, pumpfake said:

Perhaps I'm slow on the uptake, but in retrospect could it be that Archie knew (or sensed) that DG wasn't serious about IU and that's why he didn't visit when the others did?

I think this would be a fair assumption. They say the coaches didn't know, but I don't necessarily believe that. 

People on here are getting ridiculous. I made one last ditch effort to look at how things are going now and wow. What I said earlier looks to be exactly true. Rabjohns was misled and so was Evan Daniels and many others. The info regarding this recruitment doesn't mean none of those guys know what they're talking about. If you don't wanna pay attention to them, fine I'm guessing they won't miss ya because this one has taken a weird turn. Now UCLA was 2nd lol? No just no. IDC who questions me but that wasn't reported by a single source on the whole internet so if myself or any guy gets attacked, attack the whole business. It is teenagers lol. Anything can happen. Literally anything. Anything can be said and taken wrong ways. I guarantee you Archie himself thought they were at least 2nd at least so is his a fake source haha? I was mad earlier because I thought it was someone I work with feeding me lies, but seeing how it could have happened to a bunch of people IDC. I'm moving on, but all these people attacking "insiders" is stupid. All recruiting is, is educated guesses. You have a good number of kids who will tell you who leads and what not but not that many. It becomes guessing after that. Definitely an agenda going on with IU and the Garland family out of literally no where, but I do wish the kid the best. I hope he does well, but unless Romeo follows suit I probably won't watch him until he gets to the NBA. 
I won't watch him. Sounds like all kinds of bush league tactics went on. As far as I'm concerned I hope Romeo goes anywhere but vandy. I hope they struck out on the other guy also.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Capt. Crimson said:

I think this would be a fair assumption. They say the coaches didn't know, but I don't necessarily believe that. 

That's what I'm thinking.  I also believe that the coaches probably get used to judging how serious a player is.  Perhaps after the HH visit, Archie phoned or texted and the response was not encouraging.

6 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

I won't watch him. Sounds like all kinds of bush league tactics went on. As far as I'm concerned I hope Romeo goes anywhere but vandy. I hope they struck out on the other guy also.

Yeah, sadly the last few hours has ruined an otherwise great impression of the whole family. Only thing I can even see is Archie backing off for some reason. Nothing else makes sense in this. Also say he truly did want to commit after HH but didnt how does that mean it was never happening? I know plenty of kids that have done the same and not even put them in their final schools lol. That is why families sit down and talk after visits if they can. None of it bothers me anymore, just confused and find all this as weird. Like others have said maybe it is to derail Romeo from going to IU. The thing is, as much as I think they wanna play together, Romeo was gonna play at U of L before any of this. He isn't automatically gonna follow him. He may still, but we aren't out of it. I still like Garland and think he has done nothing wrong. Winston now is a different story. Who knows though. I'm focused on our team this year, our 4 commits and anyone who is interested in becoming a Hoosier in the future. Darius is going to Vandy. 

Yeah, sadly the last few hours has ruined an otherwise great impression of the whole family. Only thing I can even see is Archie backing off for some reason. Nothing else makes sense in this. Also say he truly did want to commit after HH but didnt how does that mean it was never happening? I know plenty of kids that have done the same and not even put them in their final schools lol. That is why families sit down and talk after visits if they can. None of it bothers me anymore, just confused and find all this as weird. Like others have said maybe it is to derail Romeo from going to IU. The thing is, as much as I think they wanna play together, Romeo was gonna play at U of L before any of this. He isn't automatically gonna follow him. He may still, but we aren't out of it. I still like Garland and think he has done nothing wrong. Winston now is a different story. Who knows though. I'm focused on our team this year, our 4 commits and anyone who is interested in becoming a Hoosier in the future. Darius is going to Vandy. 
If this was done to derail Romeo I hope vandy is the last place he ever ends up. Sounds really shady and kind of slimy.

Remember, Archie visited a few days after HH when he allegedly almost committed.   My total guess is Archie asked for a commitment, Darius struggled and almost did When he didn’t, IU moved on, didn’t visit again, and that may be viewed as a slap in the face by DG, so now UCLA is publicly 2nd.   Moving on.....
No way did iu just move on because he did not verbal on the spot. I highly doubt they just gave up on a top 10 player.

4 minutes ago, A.j. Nigh said:

Remember, Archie visited a few days after HH when he allegedly almost committed.   My total guess is Archie asked for a commitment, Darius struggled and almost did When he didn’t, IU moved on, didn’t visit again, and that may be viewed as a slap in the face by DG, so now UCLA is publicly 2nd.   Moving on.....

Only thing that makes sense to me.

I have to think coaches tire of stroking prima donna high school kids and having their jobs depend on their decisions. Not accusing Darius Garland being that way, but you know plenty of kids are.