Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Darius Garland to Vandy

10 minutes ago, JHoosier914 said:

I'm sure I just missed it, but HOW is he announcing?  going to be streamed on facebook live?  an ESPN affiliate?

Announcement at his High School. Not quite sure where fans can watch it however.

1 minute ago, Ajwhitis said:

Announcement at his High School. Not quite sure where fans can watch it however.

Yeah, that's what I was wondering.  Don't have facebook, so I would love for it to be live streamed on ESPNU or something

1 minute ago, JHoosier914 said:

Yeah, that's what I was wondering.  Don't have facebook, so I would love for it to be live streamed on ESPNU or something

Would creating a Facebook page just to watch his announcement and then delete it after be like creeper status or a good fan move.

*Asking for a friend*

It is all good Hoosier Nation. Step away from the ledge. We are in the final 2 for a 5-star point guard in the first year after a coaching change. We already have capable contingencies in case he does not come in Devonte and Phinisee. Unlike past recruitments this is not make or break. However--I still think Darius picks IU. I believe he will decide like many college kids he needs to blaze his own trail and not just worry about what his friends and the locals want him to do. I have been on Vandy's campus--it is nice but it is no IU. Vandy's BBall program is solid but it is no IU. Vandy's academics are stronger in most areas but IU's are close behind or even ahead in some areas. He has family connections to both campuses and BTown is within comfortable driving distance from home. He will weigh the pros and cons of both on his white board--and make his decision. In my opinion it will be IU--or he will always end up wondering what might have been. I don't see this as a dirty recruitment where other factors are at play like $ , cars, or promised jobs. All things being equal and on the up and up--imo Darius will don the candy stripes. If he doesn't --he is going to a fine hometown school and I won't hold any grudges. The best news of all is we won't have to wait much longer to find out his choice! I just hope he pays close attention to all the red and white Christmas decorations out in all the stores--especially those large red and white striped candy canes--It's a sign DG!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

It is all good Hoosier Nation. Step away from the ledge. We are in the final 2 for a 5-star point guard in the first year after a coaching change. We already have capable contingencies in case he does not come in Devonte and Phinisee. Unlike past recruitments this is not make or break. However--I still think Darius picks IU. I believe he will decide like many college kids he needs to blaze his own trail and not just worry about what his friends and the locals want him to do. I have been on Vandy's campus--it is nice but it is no IU. Vandy's BBall program is solid but it is no IU. Vandy's academics are stronger in most areas but IU's are close behind or even ahead in some areas. He has family connections to both campuses and BTown is within comfortable driving distance from home. He will weigh the pros and cons of both on his white board--and make his decision. In my opinion it will be IU--or he will always end up wondering what might have been. I don't see this as a dirty recruitment where other factors are at play like $ , cars, or promised jobs. All things being equal and on the up and up--imo Darius will don the candy stripes. If he doesn't --he is going to a fine hometown school and I won't hold any grudges. The best news of all is we won't have to wait much longer to find out his choice! I just hope he pays close attention to all the red and white Christmas decorations out in all the stores--especially those large red and white striped candy canes--It's a sign DG!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Don't count Al Durham out in that equation.I think that kids going to be a beast in a year or so.With Devonte
,Rob and Al we're OK.
Still want Garland.

Sent from my LGL41C using BtownBanners mobile app

For those of you saying that the day he announces is irrelevant, I say you're wrong.  I've cracked the code...

Wow, commodorEs! Darius garlaNd Enrolls Same Day At vandY (WEDNESDAY) vs Make rOom iNdiana, Darius Announcing, mondaY (MONDAY)

Regardless of what happens, if Archie has us as final contenders for TWO top 15 players in 6 short months of recruiting... we're in for a treat next year and for many years to come.
True but I'd be pretty disappointed if we didn't get at least one of the two.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Bailey7878 said:

True but I'd be pretty disappointed if we didn't get at least one of the two.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I think most people would be disappointed for a small amount of time, but would get past it once we realize (again) we are in tremendous hands.