Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Darius Garland to Vandy

If the reports are true he was close to committing three weeks ago after HH and then his dad says he has been set on a school for weeks than that seems pretty cut and dry it’s IU. His dad wouldn’t say that if he was pro Vandy before HH than went to IU and now back to Vandy.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I’m just gonna say what we’re all thinking...it has been several pages since HoosierGuy has posted, and in that short span we have all managed to lose our minds. Coincidence? I think not.

Not everyone has lost their minds. I am still cautiously optimistic and refuse to try to read into every little thing that happens.

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Me So Hornsby said:

How would we react if Darius was announcing before or at the tip of a Vandy game? We would freak out and assume it was over for us. Don’t lose sight of that.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Not so sure bout that. It certainly is no coincidence. And while I see the pros for us there are some cons. 

If the reports are true he was close to committing three weeks ago after HH and then his dad says he has been set on a school for weeks than that seems pretty cut and dry it’s IU. His dad wouldn’t say that if he was pro Vandy before HH than went to IU and now back to Vandy.

The wind is still blowing north in my mind.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I just finished catching up on the last 10 pages of this thread (only 8 hours worth) and what a hoot!  The highs; the lows; the optimists; the pessimists.  No better reading anywhere.  Y'all are just a great bunch of guys and gals.  Thank you.

6 hours ago, Hoosier1984 said:

However, we're talking about a 17/18 year old, so things can change on a dime.

I have been trying to remove speculation and ridiculous "voters" who are clearly not in the know.  There are three people in the know. DG, mom, and dad.  That's it, and there really aren't many hints as to where he's going. We know Dad loves the thought of IU, mom teared up at HH and DG verbalized how great it was while taking his pic with RL. He's announcing in his home gym, which is what most recruits do. So what...it's near Vandy.  It could just as easily be near Indiana, Tennessee or any other school.  He also said he has known, coincidentally, roughly since HH...which he loved.  Also, albeit minor, he does continue to "like" IU stuff on Instagram. Since he lives near Vandy and they have visited him regularly, people think IU is out/has lost ground?  Vandy has been on him for years, not just the last 2 weeks. However, DGs attention from CAM is nothing short of daily (here I am speculating!). I don't really care what Shittu is doing, and I assume mom and dad are telling DG the same.  Also, as grounded as this family is, can you really hear mom and dad saying "Please stay close to home. Please stay close to home."? No way. Also - Meyer never changed his vote as he's not a speculate sort of person. Back to my first sentence..can you imagine a world with no "crystal ball" and only facts?  One where the recruit and his family aren't talking?  Sorry to be so anti-drama, but we still have a horse in this race.

My advice? Listen to him.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app