Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Darius Garland to Vandy

Something to think about is when he’s going to notify the coaching staffs. Can you imagine calling Archie an hour before a big game, “Hey Coach, I know you have tip-off of a big game in an hour, but wanted to call and say thanks, but no thanks. Good luck tonight!”

This doesn’t seem like the type of recruitment where they give notification too much beforehand, as they haven’t seemed to want things getting out. 

Then why doesn't he like Vandy's version of the same thing he liked on IU's? Again not his first time liking IU items on Instagram. I have yet to see him like Vandy items on Instagram. Making friends? Isn't that a good sign for IU since he would spend 40-60 hours a week with these guys?

Edit: yes I really just looked through 360 likes of Vandy BB account and no DG. I also found they have just over 2000 followers on IG. DG has over 36k. That's sad.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Also, I love everything about this level of stalking haha

Good god would some of you all stop jumping all over people that have a different opinion. The smarta** responses to any posts positive or negative that you disagree with are getting old. Everyone is free to have their own opinion as long as they aren’t trolling.

Darius is going to commit to which ever school he wants, personally I wish the kid the best regardless of where he ends up. Seems like a great kid and a great family.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

...and no this isn’t directed at everyone. A few bad apples make threads like this miserable and it’s going to stop.

If Darius wanted to bask in the love of the pro-Vandy crowd at school why do it at 5:30 pm? No one is going to be there.
Who k lows but I suspect we will know long before then.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Alright, I did some digging. I compared the amount of IU players that Darius is following on instagram vs the amount of VU players he is following. It was an even amount, both at 2 players. A big difference however, Darius is following Indiana Men's Basketball's Instagram account, and he is not following the Vanderbilt Athletics account. This is really only significant to anyone who buys into the social media aspect of recruiting, and coming from a college student, social media is prominent around me and I am sure it's no different for Darius. However, Darius did not like the video posted today by the IUMBB instagram.

To be fair I don't Vandy BB fans know they have an Instagram with the followers they have. Freddie has been a very good kid on recruits since he came on board. Very likable kid.

Any chance FS1 would televise it right before the game tips? For me, to make an announcement right when the IU game tips is too much of a coincidence. Hopefully it’s positive for IU.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Does anyone know if it's possible he announces early and signs Wednesday? The coaching staff would need to know well ahead of announcement in order to get signing paperwork there and ready, since signing period ends the Wednesday he's planning. 

Does anyone know if it's possible he announces early and signs Wednesday? The coaching staff would need to know well ahead of announcement in order to get signing paperwork there and ready, since signing period ends the Wednesday he's planning. 

Typically a kid in this situation will get the paperwork from multiple schools.