Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Darius Garland to Vandy

It just occurred to me that some of these recruitments go on longer than the length of time the player attends his chosen school, Lol. 

Both RL and DG are outstanding prospects and I truly believe they will get more out of playing here than the other schools, but part of me would love to see Archie tell each of them "I sincerely hope you'll come and play for us at Indiana University.  You'll be a huge contributor to our success and we'll prepare you for your basketball career.  However, I have a group of 15 young men that have made that decision and going forward my full attention will be focused on working with them to develop our team.  I trust you'll make the right decision and again, joining us in Bloomington would be a mutually beneficial choice.  I look forward to hearing from you soon."

It just occurred to me that some of these recruitments go on longer than the length of time the player attends his chosen school, Lol. 
Both RL and DG are outstanding prospects and I truly believe they will get more out of playing here than the other schools, but part of me would love to see Archie tell each of them "I sincerely hope you'll come and play for us at Indiana University.  You'll be a huge contributor to our success and we'll prepare you for your basketball career.  However, I have a group of 15 young men that have made that decision and going forward my full attention will be focused on working with them to develop our team.  I trust you'll make the right decision and again, joining us in Bloomington would be a mutually beneficial choice.  I look forward to hearing from you soon."

That would definitely get him fired over time.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, mdn82 said:

Fooooo shoooooo lol. It is nice to get to a point where you just expect to get certain kids but you still have to sell them on you and your program. The family has to know they can trust you to take care of them as well. It'd be awesome if they could happen but it just won't. Archie and the staff know what to sell these kids on and what to avoid. 

8 hours ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Schilling and Flint are two definite pros that got thrown on the white board. 

Given that the two recruits are surely talking to each other, it' be awfully swell to learn the Garlands threw Romeo Langford up on the board as a pro for Indiana, as well.

Edited by Maedhros

6 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Likely true.  It's just part of the job of being a major college head coach.  I can see why guys like Stevens and Donovan really don't want to spend so much time stroking recruits (let's face it, to one extent or another they're all prima donnas).  But Archie knows the ropes, as does the staff. 

Yeah Rabs was there. He shared that in the chat over there tonight I believe or as a tidbit. Guess they're the same thing. A lot came from it as well. Schilling and Flint are two definite pros that got thrown on the white board. Shared a few other things in some pms but nothing crazy. Still not a done deal, but personally I feel good about our chances.

Can someone translate this? What's thrown on the whiteboard mean?

13 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Will be his second year

He's a 1st year coach right now though so with Darius committing in November he would be committing to a coach he hasn't seen coach at IU yet. That's what I meant, sorry if it was worded weird. Just that the Garlands won't be able to see a sample size of how he does at IU before he commits. 

5 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

The Rivals experts all think Darius goes to Vanderbilt and Romeo goes to IU.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/predictions-where-will-the-top-15-undecided-prospects-land-

Didn't rivals have us getting Wilkes and Waters?  

My way of saying Rivals seems clueless