Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Darius Garland to Vandy

19 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Rabjohns said there are soft rumblings that Darius could announce on November 14th before his first game. That would be a bad sign for us. I doubt Darius would commit to IU in front of the home, pro Vandy crowd.

Maybe I'm incorrect, but I didn't take that to mean he would announce at the game. Just that he wanted it done before the season started.

The announcement is likely to be held during school hours. Game won't be involved from what I have heard. Couple notes of why he wants to wait. One being to talk to Archie beforehand. Two being to see where Shittu stands after his UNC visit. I'm gonna guess a few more, but that is mainly all I have heard.

My guess would be since the week before Darius was about to pull the trigger for IU, the visit wore off a bit. But there’s a reason that Drew visited him twice this past week. No way that goes down if he knew Vanderbilt was in the lead. I absolutely trust Archie to finish the job

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Yeah his house payment is due and he needs some people to sign up for the totally easy to opt out membership. 

This is gold!!

The sense is Garland and his family really wanna see Archie one more time. That's probably what he is going off. If I kid is waiting to make a decision just to talk to a coach that is usually a good thing. I feel like he is wanting Archie to talk him out of Vandy. Of course that is just pure speculation. 

1 hour ago, Iugradman said:

I guess this is a case where we hope North Carolina actually does well.

FWIW, UNC had a lot of picks for him just by ramping up their interest in him, so his visit should have the same effect. As USPS posted I believe, I wouldn't be surprised to see Shittu take up a few more schools on a visit and wait till Spring either which hurts Vandy. Who knows maybe even IU gets in the mix lol.

24 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

FWIW, UNC had a lot of picks for him just by ramping up their interest in him, so his visit should have the same effect. As USPS posted I believe, I wouldn't be surprised to see Shittu take up a few more schools on a visit and wait till Spring either which hurts Vandy. Who knows maybe even IU gets in the mix lol.

Vandy would declare war lol

41 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

This is gold!!

The sense is Garland and his family really wanna see Archie one more time. That's probably what he is going off. If I kid is waiting to make a decision just to talk to a coach that is usually a good thing. I feel like he is wanting Archie to talk him out of Vandy. Of course that is just pure speculation. 

I feel the same Yogi. There’s a reason Drew visited twice this past week. That doesn’t go down if he knew Vanderbilt was in the lead. And the fact that Darius wants to talk to Archie one more time tells me that he wants to be absolutely sure IU is the place. Coach will seal the deal!

This is gold!!

It could also be his father telling him that he needs to tell CAM, in person, that he will not be attending IU. Pure speculation.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

It could also be his father telling him that he needs to tell CAM, in person, that he will not be attending IU. Pure speculation.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Agreed, but it would be odd to wait to announce in order to make someone travel to you to tell them sorry. Your point that there is no way to read into this with any degree of accuracy is well made tho.