Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Darius Garland to Vandy

I got the impression the coaches flew some Cook planes, at least sometimes. If you fly a private jet like that you basically show up at the airport and go. When you land you can have a car waiting for you and you are in route in minutes.

It would still mean getting in Sunday after dinner but he could probably get there in time.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

It would be after 8, but if it's all we got and they are cool with it, meh.

Yeah maybe earlier if he can hand off post game assignments to an assistant coach but 8 is a good estimate. They probably would not meet for more than a couple hours so they could be done by 10.

If the dead period starts on Monday that may create a need for a Sunday visit.

Just now, 8bucks said:

Yeah maybe earlier if he can hand off post game assignments to an assistant coach but 8 is a good estimate. They probably would not meet for more than a couple hours so they could be done by 10.

If the dead period starts on Monday that may create a need for a Sunday visit.

Kinda why I thought Sunday would be the day unless Garland would pencil Archie in for the following monday.

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

High school practice at 4:45 am. is crazy even for powerhouse Mountverde. If I was K I would of sent Capel as well

That was what I was thinking. I do think that will stick out in a really good way or bad way for most kids tho. Duke is likely gonna get him tho so he probably didn't care at all. I mean if their both awake why not haha. 

Just incredibly good. And the one and done impact stinks.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Jordan Tucker will be dukes next derryck Thornton, Semi Ojeleye, or chase Jeter. Over recruited top 50 players that were forced out

If IU can land both Darius and Romeo that would be a great start to try and gain the respect on the recruiting trail that these other programs have earned over the years. Consistency of stacking back to back great classes over multiple years will be the next step in continuing recruiting momentum. Any school can land a top 5 class in a given year but doing it consistently over multiple years is what separates the heavyweights

13 minutes ago, Demo said:

You're probably in the majority on that, but I actually have less respect for Duke. They're recruiting with the exact same mercenary sensibility as the other guys, and yet they fancy themselves somehow more pure. And they're able to pull it off for 2 reasons: 1)  K is somehow above reproach no matter what, and 2) they have a mob of apologists in the media, Dickie V and Bilas and Jay Williams etc, constantly harping on their otherworldly purity. At least Cal doesn't pretend to be anything but a charlatan.

UNC is who I hate the most. I hate Kentucky too but UNC shouldn’t be viewed as anything but trash. They’re the school that always gets the praise. There’s never anything bad said about UNC. And Kansas I’ve just recently started to hate. I’ve seen some of these stories with their recruits and it’s ridiculous. So that’s why I respect Duke over any of the other three schools

5 hours ago, Hoosier Guy said:

UNC is who I hate the most. I hate Kentucky too but UNC shouldn’t be viewed as anything but trash. They’re the school that always gets the praise. There’s never anything bad said about UNC. And Kansas I’ve just recently started to hate. I’ve seen some of these stories with their recruits and it’s ridiculous. So that’s why I respect Duke over any of the other three schools

I agree.

UK used to be the bottom of the barrel for me but now it is...

University of

No

Classes.

UNC (University of No Classes) is really a scumbag program.

With the game getting pushed back and weather around the Bloomington area I think it's safe to say there is no chance he goes down after the game.