Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Darius Garland to Vandy

A 2 pm tip means getting to AH for a coach at 9 or 10. Walkthrough and lunches plus pregame. Game will get over about 4-4:30. Addressing the team and media obligations at best 6 pm then a shower. 4 hour drive time. At best if everything goes perfect 10-10:30pm. I have a hard time believing he is going there Sunday. Monday? Probably. Off day except for coaches and maybe a film study from 3-5. Easier to work around. This is why you don't see a lot of recruiting anywhere on game days for any teams away from campus. Special circumstances sure, but a middle of the day creates a harder opportunity for that.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Dead period starts Monday so Next Friday would be the earliest a coach could visit. If Garland commits next week, smart move by the Garlands doing it during a dead week period where they can discuss and not worry about coaches

Dead period starts Monday so Next Friday would be the earliest a coach could visit. If Garland commits next week, smart move by the Garlands doing it during a dead week period where they can discuss and not worry about coaches

I don't think it happens next week. I think it happens close to the end of the first signing period. Vandy's visits feel like the typical catching up with a recruit after final visits. We haven't even had the final by all visits where every school meets up over a day or two. Assuming that's next weekend.

A 2 pm tip means getting to AH for a coach at 9 or 10. Walkthrough and lunches plus pregame. Game will get over about 4-4:30. Addressing the team and media obligations at best 6 pm then a shower. 4 hour drive time. At best if everything goes perfect 10-10:30pm. I have a hard time believing he is going there Sunday. Monday? Probably. Off day except for coaches and maybe a film study from 3-5. Easier to work around. This is why you don't see a lot of recruiting anywhere on game days for any teams away from campus. Special circumstances sure, but a middle of the day creates a harder opportunity for that.   
Edit: Flight would be an hour including taxying. Plus clearance time at airport that is close to 2 hours. 8 pm on Sunday night? I don't see that as being plenty actually, especially when everything has to go perfect for that to happen.

Yeah seems like Sunday would be too hard. I would expect a visit next Saturday, unless of course Garland pops during the week

I don't think it happens next week. I think it happens close to the end of the first signing period. Vandy's visits feel like the typical catching up with a recruit after final visits. We haven't even had the final by all visits where every school meets up over a day or two. Assuming that's next weekend.

Agree the end of the signing period has been my feeling from listening to the Garlands interviews over the last couple weeks

I doubt he would drive. 

I agree with that. I just don't see him pulling in the driveway after 8 pm on a Sunday. I would expect him there today more than tomorrow is all I was saying. Coaches just don't recruit off campus on game days for a reason. Logistics are harder.

I agree with that. I just don't see him pulling in the driveway after 8 pm on a Sunday. I would expect him there today more than tomorrow is all I was saying. Coaches just don't recruit off campus on game days for a reason. Logistics are harder.

If he were going today I think we would probably have heard by now..

1 minute ago, mdn82 said:

I agree. Just don't see an ideal time. If Garland does come out and say it'll be at the end of the signing period than he can. But I believe he has a game the 14th and we have a game on the 10th and the 12th remember. It's gonna be just as hard to fit in there as well. That Monday is literally the only day besides Saturday which is in between 2 games. 

1 hour ago, IUsince1980 said:

So, you've gone from very confident to not a clue. Thats not great to hear lol

Sent from my SPH-L720T using BtownBanners mobile app

Just think it is still too early. Things flip flop back and forth the last week or so in cases with 2 schools being the favorite. I believe Vandy's appeal of Shittu and Romeo is going down and that is a big part of their pitch besides staying home. Also think Archie finds a way to visit again and if he does like I've been told then I would expect him to close the deal. I just have confidence in Archie. You have seen everything I have heard on here from multiple posters/articles and that is all that is out there sides what the Garlands know which isn't out in the open. My biased opinion is it will be IU all day errrrryday. 

I agree. Just don't see an ideal time. If Garland does come out and say it'll be at the end of the signing period than he can. But I believe he has a game the 14th and we have a game on the 10th and the 12th remember. It's gonna be just as hard to fit in there as well. That Monday is literally the only day besides Saturday which is in between 2 games. 

I think the Monday is an easier fit as most coaches spend about 10-12 hours on game day at arena. The sandwich day they won't practice, but will do film and light walkthrough, plus media. Assistant coaches could always do the film and light walk through to assist on time. Media can be any time. He has a game today. Then on the 11th at home. Not one again til the 16th. They could have a "pep rally" next Friday and announce I suppose, but my money is after that first home game before the end of the period.

8 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Maybe Archie catches his game tonight or next saturday. Those look like neither are home games though, so next Monday looks like the best day for both. Wow, didn't realize how many games both would be playing in that span. 10th & 12th for us, 4th, 11th & 14th for him it looks like.

15 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

I think the Monday is an easier fit as most coaches spend about 10-12 hours on game day at arena. The sandwich day they won't practice, but will do film and light walkthrough, plus media. Assistant coaches could always do the film and light walk through to assist on time. Media can be any time. He has a game today. Then on the 11th at home. Not one again til the 16th. They could have a "pep rally" next Friday and announce I suppose, but my money is after that first home game before the end of the period.

Agreed!!

16 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Maybe Archie catches his game tonight or next saturday. Those look like neither are home games though, so next Monday looks like the best day for both. Wow, didn't realize how many games both would be playing in that span. 10th & 12th for us, 4th, 11th & 14th for him it looks like.

The 4th and the 11th aren't actual games for Brentwood. Regular season opener is November 14th. Those two are described as "play days" which I think are just scrimmages. 

Just think it is still too early. Things flip flop back and forth the last week or so in cases with 2 schools being the favorite. I believe Vandy's appeal of Shittu and Romeo is going down and that is a big part of their pitch besides staying home. Also think Archie finds a way to visit again and if he does like I've been told then I would expect him to close the deal. I just have confidence in Archie. You have seen everything I have heard on here from multiple posters/articles and that is all that is out there sides what the Garlands know which isn't out in the open. My biased opinion is it will be IU all day errrrryday. 
You honestly think Romeo would go to vandy of all places? I see zero basketball appeal in going to that school.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I was a member on peegs for many years. Like another poster stated, had to let my credit card expire to end the subscription. After Peegs/Rabjohns helped facilitate the false rumor that Crean was leaving for Mississippi St everything changed. They sold out for access. Can't respect that when subscribers are paying for " inside access."

Peegs sold out when he went to a pay site. Well, really before that, more like when set up debates to attract hits.

Sent from my XT1585 using BtownBanners mobile app

Edit: Flight would be an hour including taxying. Plus clearance time at airport that is close to 2 hours. 8 pm on Sunday night? I don't see that as being plenty actually, especially when everything has to go perfect for that to happen.

I got the impression the coaches flew some Cook planes, at least sometimes. If you fly a private jet like that you basically show up at the airport and go. When you land you can have a car waiting for you and you are in route in minutes.

It would still mean getting in Sunday after dinner but he could probably get there in time.