Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Darius Garland to Vandy

7 minutes ago, goonaha said:

Just curious what will your interpretation be when Archie visits Garland next week? Because that's probably going to happen.

If that happens, I’ll say it’s to make sure he’s still IU. Archie would’ve been there this week if he knew he was in trouble

55 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Yes, please.
As good as Archie and Bruiser were on the last Garland in-home, I’m guessing/hoping that our staff will make another appearance Sunday or Monday.
On the other hand...I can’t imagine us going down without a fight, so if we AREN’T going back to pitch again, to me that might indicate that we’ve already gotten good news.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Archie is planning on visiting. Didn't wanna go on the weekend I hear. And Vandy took Thursday. Archie probably goes Sunday. Timing makes the most sense. Was told if he doesn't visit it could be awesome or really bad haha so no one act like it is gonna kill us either way. Archie has done his work, but Garland loves the attention trust me. Vandy has gained ground from showing their face quite a bit lately. 

1 minute ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Like I said, Drew wouldn’t have been there twice this week if he knew he had Darius

Also true, but they wouldve got the hint if they werent wanted there. Like I said Garland likes the visits but he does realize it is much easier for Vandy to come than IU. That is why Archie is doing the right thing. Waited on their visits and then will make a stop before it's all said and done. He did visit 3 days after HH.

Just now, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Also true, but they wouldve got the hint if they werent wanted there. Like I said Garland likes the visits but he does realize it is much easier for Vandy to come than IU. That is why Archie is doing the right thing. Waited on their visits and then will make a stop before it's all said and done. He did visit 3 days after HH.

Oh Drew did what he needed to do. He’s the one right there and the one that had to make up ground. Archie will visit him last and it’ll be a wrap

Archie is planning on visiting. Didn't wanna go on the weekend I hear. And Vandy took Thursday. Archie probably goes Sunday. Timing makes the most sense. Was told if he doesn't visit it could be awesome or really bad haha so no one act like it is gonna kill us either way. Archie has done his work, but Garland loves the attention trust me. Vandy has gained ground from showing their face quite a bit lately. 

On game day?

Just now, mdn82 said:

On game day?

Lol Archie can multi task. Completely slipped my mind. No day really sounds like it is gonna be easy to get down there but he will. I also think based off USPS helping me out with recruit visits and the limits on how much a coach can, Vandy is either at the limit or close to it. 

And yes Sunday is a possibility. With a 2 o clock tip he would still have time, plenty actually. I don't know if he does though. This weekend is a big weekend. Garland has no visits planned and I feel like it will be the actual sitting down and discussing things with family time. I wish I had the confidence of some of you that we get him cause I am worried. I'd be worried regardless until it is official though.

7 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

And as some posters have said, Archie is biding his time by letting Drew use up all his visits first. Then, Archie shows up last and it’s a wrap

Lol, I think you may be giving Archie too much credit with that one. Still it is a smart play, but Vandy may have a visit left in the tank. Has to be close though. I do think Archie is playing this very smart though. With the CB, one team always gets picks like a week before only to see a major shift the days before the announcement most of the time. If Vandy gets the majority the day before or day of I'd be worried but these ones the last few days don't worry me at all actually.

1 minute ago, Hoosier Guy said:

You still think IU is in the driver’s seat? It’s gonna be close to the very end. But I just can’t see him saying no to Archie

Haven't got a clue my man. None. Zilch. It has been radio silence the last few days. Daniels article is about it. Others may be hearing things but I have not which means I am just going with the flow on this one till I hear some news if I even do. Sorry I can't help out more. I like our chances with Archie though. I will most of the time too.

I was just curious, so I looked up some information on Vanderbilt. Memorial gym has a seating capacity of 14,326. 2017 average attendance was 9,635, which placed them 45th nationally. Not sure how other years looked, but that is not all that impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Haven't got a clue my man. None. Zilch. It has been radio silence the last few days. Daniels article is about it. Others may be hearing things but I have not which means I am just going with the flow on this one till I hear some news if I even do. Sorry I can't help out more. I like our chances with Archie though. I will most of the time too.

So, you've gone from very confident to not a clue. Thats not great to hear lol

Sent from my SPH-L720T using BtownBanners mobile app

I was just curious, so I looked up some information on Vanderbilt. Memorial gym has a seating capacity of 14,326. 2017 average attendance was 9,635, which placed them 45th nationally. Not sure how other years looked, but that is not all that impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
It must be the mom factor maybe?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

And yes Sunday is a possibility. With a 2 o clock tip he would still have time, plenty actually. I don't know if he does though. This weekend is a big weekend. Garland has no visits planned and I feel like it will be the actual sitting down and discussing things with family time. I wish I had the confidence of some of you that we get him cause I am worried. I'd be worried regardless until it is official though.

A 2 pm tip means getting to AH for a coach at 9 or 10. Walkthrough and lunches plus pregame. Game will get over about 4-4:30. Addressing the team and media obligations at best 6 pm then a shower. 4 hour drive time. At best if everything goes perfect 10-10:30pm. I have a hard time believing he is going there Sunday. Monday? Probably. Off day except for coaches and maybe a film study from 3-5. Easier to work around. This is why you don't see a lot of recruiting anywhere on game days for any teams away from campus. Special circumstances sure, but a middle of the day creates a harder opportunity for that.  

Edit: Flight would be an hour including taxying. Plus clearance time at airport that is close to 2 hours. 8 pm on Sunday night? I don't see that as being plenty actually, especially when everything has to go perfect for that to happen.

4 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

A 2 pm tip means getting to AH for a coach at 9 or 10. Walkthrough and lunches plus pregame. Game will get over about 4-4:30. Addressing the team and media obligations at best 6 pm then a shower. 4 hour drive time. At best if everything goes perfect 10-10:30pm. I have a hard time believing he is going there Sunday. Monday? Probably. Off day except for coaches and maybe a film study from 3-5. Easier to work around. This is why you don't see a lot of recruiting anywhere on game days for any teams away from campus. Special circumstances sure, but a middle of the day creates a harder opportunity for that.  

Edit: Flight would be an hour including taxying. Plus clearance time at airport that is close to 2 hours. 8 pm on Sunday night? I don't see that as being plenty actually, especially when everything has to go perfect for that to happen.

I doubt he would drive.