Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Darius Garland to Vandy

What people on here aren't getting is if you're good enough for the NBA no matter what you will find a way there. Vandy is still a power 5 just like Washington and LSU where the 2 last #1 picks came from. Vandy will not hurt him in terms of getting to the league. He is a top 10 recruit and Shittu may actually go there too and that will be enough to get plenty of scouts in the seats if it wasn't already. It's close to home and a very good academic school. These last few threads have made me not even wanna share on here good or bad. Even with my "sources", chris007's sources, Paps sources that is only a handful maybe slightly more opinions. There are probably some that feel the opposite way. Calm down and wait it out. I promise you last week I had plenty of ppl tell me all IU and now some say Vandy a week later. The narrative could change again. Let's wait and see PLEASE!!

This! Totally agree.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

7 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

What people on here aren't getting is if you're good enough for the NBA no matter what you will find a way there. Vandy is still a power 5 just like Washington and LSU where the 2 last #1 picks came from. Vandy will not hurt him in terms of getting to the league. He is a top 10 recruit and Shittu may actually go there too and that will be enough to get plenty of scouts in the seats if it wasn't already. It's close to home and a very good academic school. These last few threads have made me not even wanna share on here good or bad. Even with my "sources", chris007's sources, Paps sources that is only a handful maybe slightly more opinions. There are probably some that feel the opposite way. Calm down and wait it out. I promise you last week I had plenty of ppl tell me all IU and now some say Vandy a week later. The narrative could change again. Let's wait and see PLEASE!!

Harvard isn't a basketball school! Why would Jeremy Lin go there???? 

Still wondering why AM has paid him a visit recently with Vandy all over him last few days

Sent from my SPH-L720T using BtownBanners mobile app

Maybe timing and request of family? Maybe they are having daily conversations that we may not know about?

I don’t really see anyone saying bad things about Archie. Where are y’all getting that from ? I understand being upset if we miss on Darius or Romeo but I haven’t seen anyone say anything bad about Archie  

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Not saying anything bad about him but acting like if he misses on this kid it is same old crean era iu. Archie has a great staff and i feel he will land some great recruits. Just saying people should relax a bit let the recruiting play out. Lets see what he does on the court this season with the kids we have before putting all our emotions into one or to future prospects.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

What people on here aren't getting is if you're good enough for the NBA no matter what you will find a way there. Vandy is still a power 5 just like Washington and LSU where the 2 last #1 picks came from. Vandy will not hurt him in terms of getting to the league.

Have people actually been saying this? If so, I’ve missed it.

26 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Have people actually been saying this? If so, I’ve missed it.

Yeah, the way would he go to Vandy they  just an academic school or they won't get the same exposure for him to help his NBA stock.

It’s neck and neck. The crystal ball stuff doesn’t mean anything in the grand scheme of things. People are changing from foggy to Vandy so they have something on the books. Darius doesn’t know his decision yet, so I don’t think anyone else does. When the family sits down and talks, we have as good of a resume for Darius as anyone. I trust Archie in this recruitment and we have done every single thing we could have done to get Darius to Bloomington. Everyone just relax.

Go through a pages lol and I'm sure you will see. It is over in Romeo thread as well. I think Vandy as  long as Drew is there will get in the race with plenty of big name kids now and in the future. This one is not over though. Garland could become a Hoosier still don't get why people think it is over.

Pretty much according to him every team is still in play and he hasn’t decided. He will meet with family and make a decision. Daniels still thinks this is a 2 horse race and to close to call. I would track Evan Daniels on this recruitment. He lives in the area.

13 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Pretty much according to him every team is still in play and he hasn’t decided. He will meet with family and make a decision. Daniels still thinks this is a 2 horse race and to close to call. I would track Evan Daniels on this recruitment. He lives in the area.

Exactly my thoughts. I even told people I am more worried about an Evan Daniels pick than Jerry Meyer and that if it isn't an ESPN announcement, Daniels will get the commit article. BTW, completely random but anyone have a problem when posting of the post staying still while typing then deleting letters or words? Do I need to do an update?

What people on here aren't getting is if you're good enough for the NBA no matter what you will find a way there. Vandy is still a power 5 just like Washington and LSU where the 2 last #1 picks came from. Vandy will not hurt him in terms of getting to the league. He is a top 10 recruit and Shittu may actually go there too and that will be enough to get plenty of scouts in the seats if it wasn't already. It's close to home and a very good academic school.

This has been my position with him possibly choosing Vandy. Some don't understand that.

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app