Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Darius Garland to Vandy

3 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

He wasn’t going to commit a week ago. They have a plan.  Whatever happens, happens.  We better get used to this.  We will get big names and we’ll lose big names.  It’s Archie’s first year people. 

It was actually very close to happening. That is just how good the visit was. But his parents actually caring about their son and his future told him to wait and make sure he wasn't making a rash decision. Winston had to of said that and hated himself for it lol being a huge IU fan. Either way it didnt happen and wasnt supposed to. We got a week long wait probably people. Ride it out and don't get crazy. 

Personally I think we get him.  For a kid, it’s just really hard to say no to someone.  This is all part of the process. When Archie comes, he’ll realize that it would equally suck to say no to Archie, and thus everything will be weighed.  That’s were we can top them.  In IU he’ll be a legend. Vandy is a great academic school but they are no where near as engaged as ours.  Hell we still drool over Damon Bailey.  But if we don’t get him, we need to to take in stride.  We are in with many great kids, and were going to have to get used to rejection.  

Another Crystal Ball pick for Vandy to go along with the Slater pick. I hope this isn’t a case of the IU visit went so well that he was ours if he committed within that first week following the visit and now the memory is fading away and he is being pulled back to Vandy by wanting to stay in Nashville

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Advantage of being the home team. I would of done the same thing. Drew has pleasantly surprised me since he has been hired

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I hope we land Darius if only to shut you up.

As long as he doesn't become as slimy as his brother.

Sent from my LG-K371 using BtownBanners mobile app

The only new thing that worries me is Evan Daniels was there tonight and these guys are switching tonight. Archie should get one last shot and I have faith in him to do his best. If his best isn't good enough than there is no reason to bash him or each other. If his best is good enough feel free to best your we're back shirts out lol.

The biggest issue I see with losing a recruit to Vandy is that their coach is from Indiana and will likely be going head to head with CAM for a lot of recruits in the near future. It just isn't a precedent I want to see set, ESPECIALLY with an Indiana player (if he were to land Langford). 
Aside from that, and I hate to sound like the Kentucky fans, but there's no reason we should be losing top recruits to schools like Vanderbilt. I like Drew and it's a very good school, but these kids want to play in the NBA. Vandy can't match our fan base, our tradition, our facilities, or our exposure. From a basketball perspective, it just shouldn't happen. Garland would be understandable with it being his home, but nobody else makes sense. I mean, when was the last time you heard "Man, I can't wait to see Vandy take it to Alabama on the court this weekend!"

If a player like Garland is good enough to play in the NBA, he will regardless where he goes to school. Having said that, let's go Archie! Finish it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app

I don’t think he knows anything more than any of the other recruiting insiders. I would guess after things started appearing much tighter that he decided to give the edge to the home school.

This. NO ONE KNOWS!

Not the least bit surprised Vandy is making up ground now. Darius wants his moment in the lights to make his decision. If he would have committed right after the visit everyone would know where he was going. Now, he'll get a chance to announce with people watching from both sides. I'm still really confident Darius will be our first of two HUGE commits this fall.

He wasn’t going to commit a week ago. They have a plan.  Whatever happens, happens.  We better get used to this.  We will get big names and we’ll lose big names.  It’s Archie’s first year people. 

This can't be said enough.

If people are starting to switch their picks to Vandy then some new info is probably circulating around. It’s looking like it’s not gonna be us again, and it really sucks. Can’t be mad though because Archie couldn’t of done a better job with Darius

3 crystal ball picks for Vanderbilt now. It's Bruce Brown all over again. Go ahead and give me crap about it, but I've seen this movie enough times to know how it ends.

Maybe turn the movie off and watch something different..?

4 hours ago, Me So Hornsby said:

And he has still got 8 wrong. Not the end of the world by any means lol

He doesn't have anything right. You can't trust a Crystal ball until after a recruit announces. These expert tools are useless