Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Darius Garland to Vandy

The recruiting precision so far has been remarkable. Since "missing" Bazely, Johns, and Swider, Archie has been surgical like in his recruiting.

If this happens it will be one of the more remarkable 1st year recruiting seasons I've ever heard of.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

There was another thread about names on jerseys.   I get why some would want that.  I get why some want to get rid of the candy striped pants (or Mike Davis did....hhmmm).  I am no fan of piped in music and think the pep band is all Indiana will ever need.  Others disagree.  But here's the thing.  Indiana Basketball is a brand.  Tom Crean said he got it, but he never lived it.   Archie Miller gets it and he's living it.
I said a long time ago, and I continued through the Crean years I did not understand why he and Davis decided to put their primary recruiting focus on the east coast (Crean) and the south (Davis).   I love Miller's strategy.  He is focusing here, but he's also focusing on high profile, high IQ kids and obviously doing a hell of a job selling Indiana Basketball and the way he'll do things.   We will guard.  We will value the basketball.   We will get good shots and we will make them. We will play up tempo as much as possible.  We will be great team mates.  We will appreciate our fans.  We will give maximum effort all the time.  We will expect to win (my personal favorite).   And we will bring in kids who buy into those things and also kids who will be the reasons we win.   
Miller gets the brand.  Obviously.  Crean said he did and I believed him for a while.  The way his teams played caused me to question that belief very quickly (when I saw how much kids stood around on offense and how tolerant he was of turnovers)   When this current brand was being built (and granted, it has been on sabbatical for a while), Indiana Basketball started on the defensive end, and Bob Knight was known as a defensive coach.  What people didn't always understand was Indiana also led the Big Ten in scoring every year.   I love the way this guy goes about building a program.  I love his local focus.  I love the fact that kids are buying what he's selling.  And the spiteful side of me loves that a few guys on here were panicked early on because he hadn't signed any new recruits 2 months into his tenure.   Where are you now, boys?  
I love that our brand seems to be rebuilding.   We get these two?  Indiana is finally and truly "back."

Great post. 100% agree

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app

I don't think Garland and Romeo will be announcing at the same time. I could see Garland committing soon and signing in the fall.

I would put Romeo committing in the fall at 50-50. The early signing period is soon so we'll know for certain in the next three-ish weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners