Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Darius Garland to Vandy

Garland announces by December and I feel very good after last night that we will all be very happy. Trying not to overreact lol. What I heard about Darius wasn't groundbreaking but it was good. He is very tore about not staying home and playing for Vandy tho. Some said the Romeo attention made it hard for Garland not to wonder about Vandy, but his ovation was bigger than he expected. IMO he is only feeling that way cause he knows he probably is gonna let them down. Once again trying not to overreact lol but I think if anything it is neck and neck between the 2 now. Before, Vandy was the favorite. 

5 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Garland announces by December and I feel very good after last night that we will all be very happy. Trying not to overreact lol. What I heard about Darius wasn't groundbreaking but it was good. He is very tore about not staying home and playing for Vandy tho. Some said the Romeo attention made it hard for Garland not to wonder about Vandy, but his ovation was bigger than he expected. IMO he is only feeling that way cause he knows he probably is gonna let them down. Once again trying not to overreact lol but I think if anything it is neck and neck between the 2 now. Before, Vandy was the favorite. 

I believe Garland is announcing in November. I know the allure of playing for the home state school, but l still think IU gets him

Hopefully these aren't just positive vibes and temporary highs that come from an official visit, which will just die down as the dust settles.

Regardless, have to feel good about the position we're in with Langford and Garland after this weekend.  Archie has done a great job in a very short period of time.

That is my concern. Would love to hear something a few days maybe longer to see how things are. UK is going after Tyler Herro now as well though not a pg it is another kid they are trying to make up ground on as they weren't around his first go round. It is Vandy or IU. I expect an announcement date set soon. Best part is Vandy is losing ground on Shittu as well. I love our chances.

Hopefully these aren't just positive vibes and temporary highs that come from an official visit, which will just die down as the dust settles.
Regardless, have to feel good about the position we're in with Langford and Garland after this weekend.  Archie has done a great job in a very short period of time.
I think we get romeo but not garland. Just my gut feel.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

I know that the state school thing is an attraction, but wasn’t Garland raised in Indiana as well?  I wonder how much of a factor it is for him.  

I think he moved away in 7th grade. 

1 hour ago, Banksyrules said:

I know that the state school thing is an attraction, but wasn’t Garland raised in Indiana as well?  I wonder how much of a factor it is for him.  

Thats the same thought I've been having. He's an Indiana kid who's lived in Tennessee for maybe 4 years. 

58 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

I think he moved away in 7th grade. 

I thought it was the 8th grade or after 8 grade year.  I think he's only been there for 4 or 5 years.