Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Darius Garland to Vandy

I'm telling myself we aren't getting either of them so that way I don't end up disappointed if that's what happens. We already have a solid class committed and I don't wanna end up disappointed if we don't add to it. 

I still think we have a good chance though. 

14 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I'm telling myself we aren't getting either of them so that way I don't end up disappointed if that's what happens. We already have a solid class committed and I don't wanna end up disappointed if we don't add to it. 

I still think we have a good chance though. 

and you had to say "I still think we have a good chance though. " you're just setting yourself up for disappointment lol

5 minutes ago, ebridges24 said:

and you had to say "I still think we have a good chance though. " you're just setting yourself up for disappointment lol

Haha I mean I do think we have a good chance since we made their final lists and they're both visiting, I'm just trying to keep myself from expecting us to get both of them. We seem so close to pulling it off so it's hard lol 

I think Archie is going to pull off what looked impossible this time last year. Pulling in Garland AND Romeo.

I consider myself optimistic in some areas and this is one I will be the first to say I was dead wrong on. Even if we were in the final decision I was dead wrong. We haven't pulled two five stars in the same class in close to 30 years. We should all let that soak in. Even if we don't get both this year it's year one and it seems legitimately possible. Exciting times for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

UK just pulled in Immanuel Quickly, a 5* pg- the #2 pg in the 2018 class. They already have two pgs on their roster as freshmen this year, and neither is thought to be a one and done.
Garland to UK? Nope.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Garland wasn't going to Kentucky in the first place. But yes this confirms it. Quickly is a stud though. No doubt about that

What I've been reading reminds of all the excitement about BD being the next head coach. I really hope some of you aren't in for a huge let down. I would love to see it happen and hope it happens, but I will stay grounded and not get my hopes too high.

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app

I don't think any of us are let down by the hiring of Archie at this point.

Just think about the future too.  Even if we miss out on our top 2018 targets (doubtful), I think we'll end up with a stellar 2019 class regardless.
Imagine if we close out 2018 with Garland and Langford, and have a 2019 class of some combination of Watford/Brooks/TJD/Coleman/Hurt.
IU would be the "it" school again and back on the map.  Top kids would come here because other top kids want to come here.
I know I'm putting the cart before the horse, but man it's so hard not to get excited.

True, but when CAM was announced there were many that had a huge letdown and were disappointed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app

Picking up two crystal ball predictions the day before the visit to Vandy makes me feel a lot better about our chances. We have a great shot with DG as long as he makes it to Hoosier Hysteria. If he gets to our visit without committing elsewhere, I just don’t see him in anything but candystripes.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

51 minutes ago, mamasa said:

I was checking out Anchor of Gold (pretty tough to find Vandy basketball fan sites)- one guy on there said he'd totally understand DG leaving, since their fan base doesn't care.  All they're talking about is football.  I'll keep checking for other sites...

I think their rivals site is the most active