Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Darius Garland to Vandy

Watching Garland on ESPNU right now, and noticed that the info banner when he was introduced said "Considering: UK, KU, Duke and Vanderbilt." No mention of IU. Think there's anything to that?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Amazing that they exclude IU when he explicitly announced a top 6 that included us. Like how hard is that to research.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

First full game of Garland's that I've seen, so the usual small sample size rules apply. Talent and variety in his game are obvious. Great talent. But he doesn't seem like the toughest kid, and he really wasn't much of an on floor leader at all. Maybe it just seems more glaring right after watching Akinjo. That team belonged to that kid and he just competed his a** off. Just a great leader. Maybe Garland's tangibles outweigh Akinjo's  intangibles, but I'm not sure about that. If I had the choice between 2 years of Garland or 4 years of Akinjo, I'd have to give that a lot of thought. 

10 hours ago, Demo said:

First full game of Garland's that I've seen, so the usual small sample size rules apply. Talent and variety in his game are obvious. Great talent. But he doesn't seem like the toughest kid, and he really wasn't much of an on floor leader at all. Maybe it just seems more glaring right after watching Akinjo. That team belonged to that kid and he just competed his a** off. Just a great leader. Maybe Garland's tangibles outweigh Akinjo's  intangibles, but I'm not sure about that. If I had the choice between 2 years of Garland or 4 years of Akinjo, I'd have to give that a lot of thought. 

The more I watch Akinjo the more I like him. Garland is a great offensive talent but didn't seem nearly involved. 

The more I watch Akinjo the more I like him. Garland is a great offensive talent but didn't seem nearly involved. 

The way Akinjo has been playing lately he is WAY underrated. Loved what I saw from yesterday and the Peach Jam. He is being CB to UConn so maybe there is a chance he is willing to leave the left coast.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners