Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

The job Crean has done with this team is by far his best at IU. I believe he's learned a lot. He surrounds himself with former head coaches, so there's no ego on his part, and he recognized the fact that we've hit the wall in recent seasons come February and took steps to fix that. Recruiting is pretty good...and not just a starting five. I think the guy might just be good enough for Indiana.

Should it not be the give crean a contract extension thread since he is already hired? I am glad you started this thread so when we fall back into mediocrity I will have a place to throw it back in people's faces lol

just making a joke about what they are doing in the fire tom crean thread. No I hope crean and iu our on the way to 10 plus years of sustainable success

I'm actually very optimistic about next year. If JBJ is healthy just need to surround him with defenders and then scheme around him. If he's not our best scoring guard will have to step up.

Happy Wednesday everybody! I'm not trolling, just thought I'd get a smirk out of some people haha. It's a great day to be a Hoosier.

This did make me laugh, thanks :)

I understand this and the other thread. My thing is after we win the B1G Title outright, why go straight to the firing thread. Enjoy this victory and accomplishment, and go back at it the next day.

I heard Fred Glass is going to check the post count on this and the Fire TC thread and make his decision in April. You guys better get your count up fast!!

in that case ill just delete the fire tom crean thread and you all will be miserable for the next how many years he gets extended

He's done a great job in bigten play... Prior to that, not so much. Need to see consistency that moves from one season to the next. If he can do that he will be our coach as long he wants

I truly get that and I agree, but the early season let down happens to multiple teams.  Michigan St always seems to go through that, and then look that their end of season success.  I do agree, consistency year to year is key.  I understand there will be years we may be an 8 or 9 seed, because those will definitely happen, but we also need to have 1-3 seeds in the NCAA Tourny too.  Can't wait to see how this team plays in the tournaments :)

I think Old Friend Said it best.  

We aren't asking for a National Championship every year, but we do expect to be challenging for the Conference Championship every year, because if you do that success in the other tournament will follow.  

Or something like that. 

I am very glad Coach Crean got his 2nd Conference Championship.  It was the slide in the years in between that scares me.  

My view has not changed....much. Yes, for the first time we actually witness him change the product on the court. However, I think that was forced by the Blackmon injury. I still believe it is Elite 8 or bust. If he fails to achieve that, it is time to cut ties and go find someone that can deliver the big prize not the consolation prize.