Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

All-Big10 First Team

I know the season isn't over, just wanted to get some fun discussion going.

First Team:

Yogi Ferrell

Denzel Valentine

Malcolm Hill

Jarrod Uthoff

AJ Hammons

Nigel Hayes and Jake Leyman are probably my 6th man.  Feel free to do the Freshman as well.

Yogi Ferrell

Denzel Valentine

Nigel Hayes

Jarrod Uthoff

AJ Hammons

I can't give Malcolm Hill first team with Illinois having such a terrible record.  If Illinois was at least middle of the pack it might be easier to make a case for him.  It's difficult to pick a player from Maryland because one of their players hasn't really stuck out more than the others.  Melo was supposed to run the league but has absolutely struggled as of late. 

KenPom basically has the same list as I do but in this order

1)  Denzel Valentine

2)  Jarrod Uthoff

3)  AJ Hammons

4)  Nigel Hayes

5)  Yogi Ferrell

Semi-related, but does anyone else thing it'd be really fun if there was mini tournament after the NCAA tournament is finished where the All-Conference teams play each other? Maybe a small round robin with just the Power 5 First Team All Conference teams, kind of like an all star game.

Semi-related, but does anyone else thing it'd be really fun if there was mini tournament after the NCAA tournament is finished where the All-Conference teams play each other? Maybe a small round robin with just the Power 5 First Team All Conference teams, kind of like an all star game.

would be amazing AND the players would love it too.

YF
Valentine
Hayes
Uthoff
AJ Hammons

Trimble
M. Hill
Bryn Forbes
Jok
Andrew White

B. Taylor
Nunn
T. Will
S. Shields
B. Koenig

Freshman

1 TB
2 Diamond Stone
3. Ethan Happ
4. Caleb Swanigan
5. Deyonta Davis

I like this list. It interests me how the top 5 (or so) freshman in the conference this year are big guys

TB running the point, right?

i didn't pick teams as starting line ups. Just 5 biggest impact freshman. Same as above, I tried a little more to make lineups but team 1-3 mostly just top 15 impact makers. BTW 10-25 hard to call. That third team is about a flip of a coin.

Also, crazy thing, OG might have most potential of any Freshman in B1G, just doesn't deserve top 5 based on minutes played and impact, yet.

Edit- knew you were kidding. Enjoyed answering anyway.

i didn't pick teams as starting line ups. Just 5 biggest impact freshman. Same as above, I tried a little more to make lineups but team 1-3 mostly just top 15 impact makers. BTW 10-25 hard to call. That third team is about a flip of a coin.

Also, crazy thing, OG might have most potential of any Freshman in B1G, just doesn't deserve top 5 based on minutes played and impact, yet.

Edit- knew you were kidding. Enjoyed answering anyway.

Honestly could see Sanders (he is the kid from Rutgers, right?) getting the honors just because the guard position has been so weak among freshmen. He has at least put up numbers, Rutgers is just absolutely horrendous