Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

2016-2017 Indiana Basketball

They should be at home next season after playing a road game in the B1G/ACC Challenge this season.

So, with your way of, looking at possible rivals in the challenge, it is literally only ever half the league as being available, because of home and away game's. Then factor in the finish the prior season, the number if dwindles smaller. Is this assessment correct?

They should be at home next season after playing a road game in the B1G/ACC Challenge this season.

Clemson at Minnesota
Wake Forest at Rutgers
No. 4 Maryland at No. 2 North Carolina
No. 5 Virginia at Ohio State
Michigan at NC State
Purdue at Pittsburgh
Northwestern at Virginia Tech
Miami (Fla.) at Nebraska
No. 14 Indiana at No. 7 Duke
No. 21 Louisville at No. 12 Michigan State
No. 13 Notre Dame at Illinois
No. 25 Wisconsin at Syracuse
Florida State at Iowa
Penn State at Boston College

Those are last year's match-ups, so ACC teams who will play on the road this year are: Boston College, Syracuse, Duke, VT, Pitt, NC State, and UNC.

Of those, UNC, Duke, and Notre Dame are the only teams projected to be in the top 6 of the ACC. We played Duke last year, so that's likely out. Ditto Notre Dame (who they avoid scheduling us with anyway due to the Crosstown Classic). That leaves UNC.

Otherwise, they'll have to force a team to play on the road two years in a row, pair us with a bottom-half ACC team, or play us against a team we played last year.

So, with your way of, looking at possible rivals in the challenge, it is literally only ever half the league as being available, because of home and away game's. Then factor in the finish the prior season, the number if dwindles smaller. Is this assessment correct?

It's not set in stone.  IU played back to back away games in 2010-2011 at BC and at NC State in 2011-2012.  If I remember correctly IU actually asked for that to offset the home/home with puke.  I think they try to alternate home and away games as best as they can though.

[quote name="Calipari" post="249873" timestamp="1456705166"]If Thon comes, who leaves?[

I doubt we get him but right now we are not over signed and I would be surprised if both TW and TB return.
Am guessing that at least one of them leave, especially if we happen to make a run in the tourney and they look good.

Was going to add to convo in DD thread but thought it should go here.

I think Newkirk complements JBJ much better than Yogi does. Yogi is a great distributor but he's also a ball-dominant scoring PG that looks to get his, as he should. Newkirk seems more like a true PG distributor/defender which I think will work well with knock down shooters like JBJ and Rojo.

Add in a front line of TB/DD/OG/JM and I like that squad. Lots of rebounding and defense.

Please stay TB!! Did anyone else see the ESPN article by Chad Ford that called for the Grizzlies to specifically take Bryant late in the first round? I'm not an ESPN "insider" so I couldn't see the article but let's hope it gets buried.

Was going to add to convo in DD thread but thought it should go here.

I think Newkirk complements JBJ much better than Yogi does. Yogi is a great distributor but he's also a ball-dominant scoring PG that looks to get his, as he should. Newkirk seems more like a true PG distributor/defender which I think will work well with knock down shooters like JBJ and Rojo.

Add in a front line of TB/DD/OG/JM and I like that squad. Lots of rebounding and defense.

Please stay TB!! Did anyone else see the ESPN article by Chad Ford that called for the Grizzlies to specifically take Bryant late in the first round? I'm not an ESPN "insider" so I couldn't see the article but let's hope it gets buried.

Gotchu:

22. Memphis Grizzlies

Thomas Bryant
Indiana
Freshman
Center

Bryant's lack of foot speed and elite athleticism hurt his stock, but the guy is money in the paint and has a jump shot that stretches all the way to the 3-point line.

I'm not sure who he guards at the next level, but scouts see upside in him outside the lottery. The Grizzlies could sure use some help off the bench in the paint.

Projected record: 45-37

They charge how much for that?

Gotchu:

22. Memphis Grizzlies

Thomas Bryant
Indiana
Freshman
Center

Bryant's lack of foot speed and elite athleticism hurt his stock, but the guy is money in the paint and has a jump shot that stretches all the way to the 3-point line.

I'm not sure who he guards at the next level, but scouts see upside in him outside the lottery. The Grizzlies could sure use some help off the bench in the paint.

Projected record: 45-37

They charge how much for that?

$9month then it drops significantly if you do the full year ($3.33/month). Still not sure its worth it.

Watching TB play D vs. Hammons and Haas showed exactly why I think the should come back. Luckily, he won't have to deal with Hammons anymore after this year. Hopefully the idea of playing with DD will help sway him.

$9month then it drops significantly if you do the full year ($3.33/month). Still not sure its worth it.

Watching TB play D vs. Hammons and Haas showed exactly why I think the should come back. Luckily, he won't have to deal with Hammons anymore after this year. Hopefully the idea of playing with DD will help sway him.

I have it through my subscription to ESPN magazine which I ordered only for the insider access, so I think it cost under 5 bucks for a year. That was like 4 years ago? I never renewed my subscription or paid additional money but I still get magazines delivered to my recycling each month and insider access so, it was worth that much. I have never seen insider only information which made me think "Oh man, I would have paid to see that". Paying for something like Scout or ITH is probably a better deal because at least they have some relevant exclusive content.

I have heard rumor that Troy could graduate early.

Is it a possibilty that he transfers and plays immediately somwhere?

I just remember I think Yogi had this option last year if I am remember correctly.

I have heard rumor that Troy could graduate early.

Is it a possibilty that he transfers and plays immediately somwhere?

I just remember I think Yogi had this option last year if I am remember correctly.

There has been much discussion on the forum about this, both recently and earlier. Yes, it seems he will graduate. The consensus is he will likely opt to get paid somewhere.