Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Looking at these pictures it didn't look like the project was far enough along to play volleyball games in the fall. Now Glass admitted at Huber Winery last night that it won't be ready until the winter and he mentions it at the 11:30 mark of the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIPfrTfRnuc

This is the first I have heard of this and up until now we were being told IU would be playing all their volleyball games there in the fall. Now it sounds like another year of volleyball in U Gym and it will not open till close to wrestling season. Interesting IU has kept this under their hat and only tell it to the public quietly during a brief mention in a press conference. The media should of followed up after Glass mentioned this and asked him why the delay but no one did as I am not sure they are well versed enough to know the initial completion date (not a shot at them but a reality).

Good news is it sounds like the other projects are on time and will be ready when initially said. Also going back Assembly Hall finished on time as did Baseball a few years ago when it got off the ground. Also Cook Hall and the North End zone going back further did as well. In other words it is not like IU to have delays when finishing construction projects once started and I'd like to know more about why this one is running behind unlike everything else which has met or looks like it will meet its initial completion date.   

IU just announced there whole schedule and they are playing all their non conference games on the road. Maybe they are going to try to still be done at the end of September for Big Ten season and that's why they did this? Otherwise if you know you are stuck in U-Gym all or most of season why send team on road for all of non conference with they have never done. The schedule doesn't match Fred Glass' comments. This schedule is clearly put out I would think with intention of being in new facility at end of September. Whole thing makes no sense.

1 hour ago, Aaron said:

IU just announced there whole schedule and they are playing all their non conference games on the road. Maybe they are going to try to still be done at the end of September for Big Ten season and that's why they did this? Otherwise if you know you are stuck in U-Gym all or most of season why send team on road for all of non conference with they have never done. The schedule doesn't match Fred Glass' comments. This schedule is clearly put out I would think with intention of being in new facility at end of September. Whole thing makes no sense.

Thought that was odd too.

8 hours ago, Aaron said:

Looking at these pictures it didn't look like the project was far enough along to play volleyball games in the fall. Now Glass admitted at Huber Winery last night that it won't be ready until the winter and he mentions it at the 11:30 mark of the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIPfrTfRnuc

This is the first I have heard of this and up until now we were being told IU would be playing all their volleyball games there in the fall. Now it sounds like another year of volleyball in U Gym and it will not open till close to wrestling season. Interesting IU has kept this under their hat and only tell it to the public quietly during a brief mention in a press conference. The media should of followed up after Glass mentioned this and asked him why the delay but no one did as I am not sure they are well versed enough to know the initial completion date (not a shot at them but a reality).

Good news is it sounds like the other projects are on time and will be ready when initially said. Also going back Assembly Hall finished on time as did Baseball a few years ago when it got off the ground. Also Cook Hall and the North End zone going back further did as well. In other words it is not like IU to have delays when finishing construction projects once started and I'd like to know more about why this one is running behind unlike everything else which has met or looks like it will meet its initial completion date.   

I saw that it was behind from the videoboard bid plans on the planroom website a few weeks ago. As long as it’s done right, I’m good with it.

1 hour ago, RBB89 said:

I saw that it was behind from the videoboard bid plans on the planroom website a few weeks ago. As long as it’s done right, I’m good with it.

What does this mean and what are the "video board bid plans" and where is the 'planroom website"? I am not trying to be mean but I have literally have no idea what you are talking about. Can you please clarify and provide a link to this website? I would love to see what you mean because I clearly missed this and took Glass' comments as a major surprise.

13 hours ago, Aaron said:

What does this mean and what are the "video board bid plans" and where is the 'planroom website"? I am not trying to be mean but I have literally have no idea what you are talking about. Can you please clarify and provide a link to this website? I would love to see what you mean because I clearly missed this and took Glass' comments as a major surprise.

iuplanroom.com

All the public projects up for bid from the University are posted there, occasionally with blueprints/detailed plans. That’s where I found the locker room details for basketball. They had a bid up for the video boards at the new arena, and one of the addendums had the timeline of completion for the arena. It was past September 1. All that stuff is gone now though because the bidding process has passed.

20 minutes ago, RBB89 said:

iuplanroom.com 

All the public projects up for bid from the University are posted there, occasionally with blueprints/detailed plans. That’s where I found the locker room details for basketball. They had a bid up for the video boards at the new arena, and one of the addendums had the timeline of completion for the arena. It was past September 1. All that stuff is gone now though because the bidding process has passed.

Got u. Thanks for clarifying! 

IUVB Cream & Crimson Scrimmage August 18

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. – The first look at the 2018 Indiana volleyball team will be August 18 at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall for the annual Cream and Crimson event.

Doors will open at 6:15 p.m. ET and the scrimmage will start at 6:30 p.m. ET. Admission to the event is free.

The scrimmage will go from 6:30 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. After the scrimmage fans will be able to meet and get autographs from coaches and players.

Season tickets for the 2018 Indiana volleyball season are on sale. The season will feature 10 home matches.

Season tickets are available to purchase online HERE over the phone (866-487-7678) or in person, Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. at the west lobby of Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall.

"There is a different energy and vibe around this program," IU head coach Steve Aird said. "The new atmosphere is going to be live. We need support and I fully expect IU and the Bloomington community to step up. Home court advantage matters and we will have it."

•  

Does anyone know yet what facility the team is playing in this year? This is clearly not going to be ready until Wrestling season at the earliest it looks like and is delayed even though IU has not been real up front about that.

I saw they are holding a scrimmage in Assembly Hall before the season. Other than that IU has not said where the season will be played either because they do not want to give the bad news or have not figured it out. I would assume they will either play one more year in U Gym if it is still available and if it has already been shut down play matches in Assembly Hall.

Does anyone know for sure if season will be in Assembly Hall or U Gym as IU seems real hesitant to say given the clear delay?

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

FWIW from Mike Reschke of the Herald Times

New volleyball and wrestling arena about 2 months behind schedule. Stewart said shooting for opening last game of volleyball season against Purdue in November.

Figured this was coming. Still trying to figure out if rest of season will be played in U Gym or Assembly Hall until arena opens.

Best of luck to the Hoosiers as they open their season tomorrow!!

Radio Broadcast

Live Stats

**iuhoosiers.com

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. – The Steve Aird era at Indiana begins as the Hoosiers travel to Las Vegas this week to take part in the UNLV Invitational. Indiana will take on host UNLV, LIU Brooklyn and Southern Utah.

SCHEDULE
Friday Aug. 24 at 1:00 p.m. ET: Indiana at UNLV
Friday Aug. 24 at 8:00 p.m. ET: Indiana vs. LIU Brooklyn
Saturday Aug. 25 at 2:30 p.m. ET: Indiana vs. Southern Utah
All matches played at UNLV Cox Pavilion at Thomas & Mack Center

THE 2018 HOOSIERS
2 seniors
6 juniors
3 sophomores
3 freshmen

RETURNING HOOSIERS
The 2018 Indiana roster features 11 returning players. Redshirt junior Kendall Beerman led the Hoosiers in kills in the 2017 season with 277. Junior Deyshia Lofton hit .332, the fifth best single season hitting percentage in program history in the 2017 season.

FRESHMEN CLASS EARNS HIGH MARKS 
The Indiana freshmen class earned highest honorable mention from PrepVolleyball.Com. The class includes: 6-4 middle blocker Lexi Johnson(Scottsdale, Ariz.), 6-2 outside hitter Breana Edwards (Rainier, Ore.) and 5-10 setter Abigail Westenhofer (Louisville, Ky.)

COACH AIRD
Indiana announced Steve Aird as the sixth head coach in program history on Dec. 27, 2017. Aird most recently was the head coach at Maryland, where he inherited a program that finished 13th in the ACC in 2013. In 2017 the Terrapins narrowly missed the NCAA tournament and secured wins over Elite Eight participant USC as well as NCAA qualifier Purdue. Aird played at Penn State and was part of two National Championship coaching staffs for the Nittany Lions.

THE STAFF
Aird's first hire was Krista Vansant, a two-time Honda Award winner and 2013 National Player of the Year. Vansant has her jersey retired at the University of Washington and has played for the USA Volleyball National Team. Assistant Coach Daniel Gwitt is a former Division I head coach and played collegiately at Penn State. Over the past eight years, Gwitt has served as the Director of Operations and Master Coach for two of the largest and most successful clubs in Southern California. Director of Operations Logan Grenley was with Aird at Maryland and spent the previous year in football operations at the University of Miami.

THE 2018 SCHEDULE 
Indiana will play its 11 non-conference matches on the road before returning home on September 21 for their Big Ten opener against Northwestern. Following the UNLV Invitational, the Hoosiers will play Texas A&M and Temple at Penn State. The following week Indiana travels to Ball State for matches against North Dakota State, Northern Iowa and Ball State. The Hoosiers final non-conference action sees them travel to Cincinnati for matches against Xavier, Cincinnati and Eastern Kentucky.