Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) TE Charlie Mangieri to Northwestern

http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1645051-sophomore-mangieri-holds-early-big-ten-offer

Charlie Mangieri, a sophomore who had 91 tackles (10 for loss) and four forced fumbles as a defensive end and 38 receptions for 391 yards and three touchdowns as a tight end.

"It's crazy," he said. "I was really shocked when they offered me but it's great to have the opportunity to follow in Nick's footsteps so it's a great step."

With his brother there, Mangieri has had plenty of opportunity to get to Bloomington and get to know Kevin Wilson and his staff. "They're great. They're all pretty chill guys and they're a family."

NC State and Purdue have sent questionnaires and a few other schools are showing Mangieri interest for baseball.

One program he is also looking to hear from is another Big Ten program he has family ties to. "Northwestern is a big one. My uncles played there so that's a big one I've been looking forward to."

http://www.pjstar.com/sports/20160908/dunlap-junior-charlie-mangieri--latest-prospect-in-fabled-football-family

The Dunlap 6-foot-4, 230-pound junior linebacker and receiver came into the season with offers from Big Ten schools Indiana and Northwestern. Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Stanford, Duke, Vanderbilt and North Carolina State are among others that have indicated interest.

Mangieri has heard from most of those since the NCAA’s limited contact period between schools and junior prospects opened on Sept. 1.

Mangieri will make an unofficial visit to Indiana on Saturday, when the Hoosiers host nonconference visitor Ball State. Northwestern, Iowa and Notre Dame have also issued him game invitations.