Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BottomLine

Standings and remaining schedule 2/22

If Iowa loses to Michigan this weekend... who gets the better seed in the Tourney? Iowa has really fallen lately.

Iowa has wins Michigan doesn't.  When Michigan wins that game it should lock them into the field.  Iowa has wins against some real quality opponents, just losses and a slide piling up.  Iowa will still be around a 7 seed while Michigan will be a 10ish seed.

Iowa has wins Michigan doesn't. When Michigan wins that game it should lock them into the field. Iowa has wins against some real quality opponents, just losses and a slide piling up. Iowa will still be around a 7 seed while Michigan will be a 10ish seed.

I meant the B1G tourney. That's my bad lol.

Big Ten Standings and Schedule (3/1/16)

Top 7 Rec - Bottom 7 Rec - BIG Rec - Overall Rec- Remaining Games

Indiana                 5-2          9-1          14-3       24-6       Mary (H)

Mich St                 4-4          7-1          11-5       24-5       Rut (A), OSU (H)

Maryland              4-4          7-1          11-5       23-6      Ill (H),  IU (A)

Wisconsin            5-4          6-1          11-5       19-10     Minn (A), PU (A)

Purdue                 4-5          7-1          11-6       23-7       Wisc (H)

Iowa                      5-4          6-2          11-6       20-8       Mich (A)

Ohio State            2-6          9-0          11-6       19-11     MSU (A)

Michigan               2-6          8-1          10-7       20-10     Iowa (H)

Northwestern        1-7          5-3          6-10       18-11     Penn St (A), Neb (H)

Penn St                2-8          4-2          6-10       15-14     NW (H), Ill (H)

Nebraska             1-8          5-3          6-11       14-16     NW (A)

Illinois                   1-6          4-5          5-11       13-16     Mary (A), Penn St (A)

Minnesota            1-7          1-7          2-14         9-20     Wisc (H), Rut (A)

Rutgers                0-7          0-9          0-16         6-23     MSU (H), Minn (H)       

Not much left to calculate but the seeds for the Big 10 tourney.  Boy, does it make me happy to see the Hoosiers all alone on top.

Do you realize that both the Purdue and Iowa results turned around basket interference calls in the last seconds.  How often do you see that call?

IU has beaten everybody in the conference except Maryland, MSU and Penn State.  Penn State?  when you look back it is hard to find a game that IU shouldn't have won.  Nobody was going to beat Duke in the Big 10-ACC challenge.  They were just unconscious that night.  When do we ever beat MSU up there.  Think we were going to lose that one too.  The Wisconsin loss doesn't look so bad now considering what Wisconsin has done since.  We could/should have won that one.  As to the losses at Maui, we weren't ready to play top ball yet.  If we had won the first game we would have probably lost the next two anyway.  Penn State is still a mystery to me but on any given night anybody can beat anybody so I guess that game was just a matter of the basketball gods being fickle.  Now, ask yourself, when was the last time you could recall all of IU's losses from memory?  Thing is, I can't think of any games that IU won that we shouldn't have won.  It has been an amazing season that is still not over.

The biggest impact the losses in Maui had on IU, other than the obvious L, is the impact to the overall SOS.  Instead of playing a terrible St. John's team we would have had games against opponents in the RPI top 100.  The games against St. John's and UNLV really impacted our SOS.

This may sound crazy but I think those Maui losses were the best possible things to happen to this team. I don't think we are where we are at now without them. Aside from the Duke game it seems like everything really clicked with this team after that.

I agree completely. Sometimes a team has to get punched in the mouth to get focused.

This may sound crazy but I think those Maui losses were the best possible things to happen to this team. I don't think we are where we are at now without them. Aside from the Duke game it seems like everything really clicked with this team after that.

I also agree, everything they said in the interviews and stuff like that, was after suffering early season losses, the doubters came. This team heard the doubts, and used that as motivation. They realized they had to play defense after these events, and I believe that is what sparked this team.