Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

MartintheMopMan

(18) Indiana @ Illinois - Pregame thread - 2/25 at 2100 EST on ESPN

Thirty-first anniversary of the chair today. It was the first IU game I ever attended. We sat just a few rows up from Bobby. Crazy deal to say the least.

"Well excuse me, but I think you've got my chair,
No that one's not taken, I don't mind if you sit here,
I'll be glad to share." G. Strait

Thirty-first anniversary of the chair today. It was the first IU game I ever attended. We sat just a few rows up from Bobby. Crazy deal to say the least.

"Well excuse me, but I think you've got my chair,
No that one's not taken, I don't mind if you sit here,
I'll be glad to share." G. Strait

My favorite part of this whole event was years later he was doing a press conference and he had to move a chair and he said something along the lines of "thats the farthest ive thrown a chair in quite some time"

That's not Yogi's fault at all. That goes on his teammates. 

I agree...mostly...his teammates need to be communicating with him that someone is coming up behind him (at least that was how my team did it when I played HS hoops), but he should also have the awareness to know to look around.

it happens and the Hoosiers escaped with the W.  Not much else really matters.

I agree...mostly...his teammates need to be communicating with him that someone is coming up behind him (at least that was how my team did it when I played HS hoops), but he should also have the awareness to know to look around.

it happens and the Hoosiers escaped with the W.  Not much else really matters.

Of course his teammates need to communicate to him but Yogi has to know you protect the ball after dribbling through a press.  I would bet he would tell you it's on him.  The situation I've noticed we've missed communication is after entering the ball into the post to Max the perimeter defender digs and pokes the ball out as Max turns to the basket.  That absolutely needs communicated by the perimeter player entering the ball to Max.

bummer dude. Next man up. Worried about Niego having to log more minutes.

I am not at all. He will be fine at filling his role. Don't turn the ball over play hard and just be smart and I think he can do those things well. Hope I am right. In other words don't try to replace rob just play his game and we will be ok