Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

MartintheMopMan

(18) Indiana @ Illinois - Pregame thread - 2/25 at 2100 EST on ESPN

Wow, 9 pm on the east coast? Great for me, terrible for most fans (and players). Even in Central time where the game is being played, 8 pm on a weekday is a late start.

Anyway, let's handle our business here. Since we last met our intrepid teams, Illinois has improved their defense by about 50 spots up to 119 while Indiana retook their place as an offensive juggernaut. It will be strength on weakness and should be one heck of a game for Indiana fans.

Prediction League:

https://btownbanners.com/topic/9283-prediction-league-game-29-week-16-iu-vs-illinois-022516/#entry246796

First game against Illinois numbers:

Pregame:

[attachment=3475:post-4434-0-79856600-1453126987.png]

Box score:

[attachment=3476:4.PNG]

This game's numbers:

[attachment=3477:1.PNG]

[attachment=3478:2.PNG]

As a reminder, this thread will close 1 hour before tip-off.

Something about the possibility of not having RoJo makes me nervous.  I still feel we will win, but I'm feeling a closer game than any of us would like.  I hope we come out an set the tone early so we don't give these guys hope.  They seem like a team that might roll over if we get a bit of a lead, unlike Purdue.  

I forsake my native land in favor of my adopted home, but, more importantly, anyone have any suggestions for this week's "CreanGoneClassic" painting?

Without being insanely racist against Native Americans, I got nothing.

I hate this game btw. Awful, awful feeling about it.

In case you guys didn't know it. The Illinois freaks tomorrow are going to be brutal to Max B. His family are huge Illinois people and there is even a Bielfieldt building named after his (dad?). I think his sister is currently going to Illinois. They hate that he is playing for anyone but the orange and blue. He is gonna catch some crap from the students

In case you guys didn't know it. The Illinois freaks tomorrow are going to be brutal to Max B. His family are huge Illinois people and there is even a Bielfieldt building named after his (dad?). I think his sister is currently going to Illinois. They hate that he is playing for anyone but the orange and blue. He is gonna catch some crap from the students

If there is anyone that can ignore it it's Mad Max!

This won't be a blowout, not after last game.

Thursday would be a big win for an otherwise miserable failure of a season for them, especially after getting demolished last time we played them.  They'll be out for revenge.

Raucous crowd usually = referees that play to the crowd in the closing minutes, so yeah I'm worried about this game.