Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

EAT THAT PURDUE OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD!!

Late to the party, but I'll take an "ugly" win like that all day long. There were times we were perfect. Times we were awful, but never wavered defensively. Had a couple of bad sets, but the effort was there. As was execution most of the time. The transformation of Yogi Ferrell this season has been neat to see. His decision making and getting the ball where it needs to be WHEN it needs to be there is so much better. I still cringe at a shot here and there, but he's becoming a leader. As recently as November, I truly questioned that about him, but he's improved.

Kudos to Bielfelt. What a difference that kid has made to this program from a leadership perspective. Leave alone the minutes he plays, his toughness makes us better. God, I love beating Purdue. I hope our chess team kicks their a$$. Bryant looked like he's finding his sea legs playing against bigger players; and both Morgan and Anunoby have really bright futures. Those two give max effort all the time. An imperfect game, but a great win. Big Ten's ours to lose.

I am out of the loop....has there been a report on Robert Johnson?

Sounds like a mild sprain just from the random comments I have seen. I wouldn't be surprised if his next game is against Maryland. My speculation there.

Sounds like a mild sprain just from the random comments I have seen. I wouldn't be surprised if his next game is against Maryland. My speculation there.

Thanks.  Better news than I expected.  Someone told me today it was a knee, so a mild ankle sprain is - well, not "good news," but lacking a better term....   Thanks for the update.

Yeah, and they actually still claim a B1G title the league doesn't recognize because they were forced to vacate it after violations in 1990s.  So really, we are tied with them right now.

Is there any official article/document stating it doesn't count? I would love to have that ammunition for future arguments with Purdue fans. 

1996 was the year. They won the Big Ten, finished 26-6 and forfeited 19 wins because a freshman was given a $4,000 bank loan by one of their assistants while they recruited him. IU split with them that year, and the IU basketball database acknowledges its record as being correct (Purdue leads the series 114-90 after last night, even though everywhere else it says 115-89). 

I just haven't seen anything saying they actually gave back wins from that season. 

Is there any official article/document stating it doesn't count? I would love to have that ammunition for future arguments with Purdue fans. 

1996 was the year. They won the Big Ten, finished 26-6 and forfeited 19 wins because a freshman was given a $4,000 bank loan by one of their assistants while they recruited him. IU split with them that year, and the IU basketball database acknowledges its record as being correct (Purdue leads the series 114-90 after last night, even though everywhere else it says 115-89). 

I just haven't seen anything saying they actually gave back wins from that season. 

There is college basketball reference - http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/purdue/1996.html

The title itself wasn't vacated though, the games earning them the title were just made losses.

There is college basketball reference - http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/purdue/1996.html

The title itself wasn't vacated though, the games earning them the title were just made losses.

This seems so NCAA ish.  You must forfeit the losses but keep the title...  That would remove a regular season championship from them and add one to IU.  Boom!!

I was first made aware of it via a thread started by an IU fan on TOS' national bball board.  He asked Purdue fans if they claimed the title from the season they were forced to vacate wins, Purdue fans said yes they do, the rest of the board said that's bullsh!t, Purdue fans got defensive, then everyone agreed to look at it with an asterisk.

It was funny, but this is the main reason why I want at least a share of the B1G now.  No longer will they be able to say they have the most B1G championships in the conference, and even more, they have to share it with us.  They are straight up squirming right now.