Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

If Romeo doesn't end up at an Adidas school I'll be shocked. I also wouldn't be surprised if Adidas stepped in to make sure he ends up at, KU, U of L, or IU. They were however part of the reason that Schilling left UCLA and came to IU after Adidas made the switch to Under Armour. I know some of you think that the Langford's are above that but there is nothing wrong with Adidas making sure Romeo knows that he'll gets a huge shoe deal after his 1 and done season in school if he goes to an Adidas school. PS: I know everyone talks about Romeo playing for an Adidas AAU team but New Albany also wears Adidas shoes and Uniforms. Coincidence? I don't think so.

The New Albany high school is sponsored by Addidas for sure. A parent told me that the other day.

Sent from my LGLS992 using BtownBanners mobile app

On 8/29/2017 at 11:34 AM, Chris007 said:

Vandy is a Nike school Romeo is not going there. I think people might be confused about his mom too. Garland's mom works at Vandy so she would be wearing Vandy stuff. 

Aren't most of the high schools sponsored by a shoe company now? Our high school is sponsored by Adidas and there's no Romeo in sight. My skepticism leads me to think decisions on shoe contracts/college choices are for a very select athlete. Zion Williamson being one of them.

40 minutes ago, croneleoni said:

The New Albany high school is sponsored by Addidas for sure. A parent told me that the other day.

Sent from my LGLS992 using BtownBanners mobile app

Yep I watched them twice last year. I'm also 95% sure New Albany had an Adidas sponsored preseason hype video last year bfore the start of the season if I remember correctly.

13 hours ago, schoosier said:

Aren't most of the high schools sponsored by a shoe company now? Our high school is sponsored by Adidas and there's no Romeo in sight. My skepticism leads me to think decisions on shoe contracts/college choices are for a very select athlete. Zion Williamson being one of them.

Not a lot of high schools in Indiana are sponsored. But Adidas started up a special AAU team just for his dad to coach. He has been adidas for a while and I think you will see he will sign with them once he gets to the NBA. 

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Not a lot of high schools in Indiana are sponsored. But Adidas started up a special AAU team just for his dad to coach. He has been adidas for a while and I think you will see he will sign with them once he gets to the NBA. 

Under Armour picked SC as one of it's first universities to sponsor when they started, and it triculated down to a select few high schools. Then Nike & Adidas started doing it. Our high school is AAA out of up to AAAAA and not a football power which is King here in the South. It's interesting that it's not common in IN yet, but I think you will find it start happening more. At any rate, I appreciate your contributions to the board. Keep the information coming.

Archie should be talking to Adidas about going after all the big Indiana HS. IU is one of the few Adidas schools that are in a hotbed of talent. Couldn't hurt our chances w most of the kids in state either. 

On a side not people mentioned I left out UK for both as a landing spot and I did it purposely. Garland may take a hard look, but Romeo won't. If he visits there....maybe but I think some kids go on the visits there w other kids just to hang out and it is a NBA pipeline so they are curious. Romeo is a quiet kid compared to most top 5 players each year and I believe he appreciates the hard work U of L and IU have put forth. Vandy as well as Kansas. Those are the only 4 schools I really see him going to at all.

16 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Archie should be talking to Adidas about going after all the big Indiana HS. IU is one of the few Adidas schools that are in a hotbed of talent. Couldn't hurt our chances w most of the kids in state either. 

On a side not people mentioned I left out UK for both as a landing spot and I did it purposely. Garland may take a hard look, but Romeo won't. If he visits there....maybe but I think some kids go on the visits there w other kids just to hang out and it is a NBA pipeline so they are curious. Romeo is a quiet kid compared to most top 5 players each year and I believe he appreciates the hard work U of L and IU have put forth. Vandy as well as Kansas. Those are the only 4 schools I really see him going to at all.

Weren't there rumbling that they (RL and family) weren't too impressed with Califairy in Egypt?  

I was at the game and saw Hunter, Phinisee, and Jackson-Davis all together. No sign of Anderson and can confirm Romeo was not there.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Tough for Anderson to just show up in Btown for a midweek football game. Probably a 3 to 4 hour drive on a school night.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app