Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

^^^
That's a great pitch. That would be the main selling point. Come to IU and be a legend forever. A few other things I would point out to the family.

Adidas, from high school to college and onto the pros you'll be loyal to the same brand. There are a ton of fans that would buy his shoes when he's playing in the league.
(KU and UL could also sell this)

Education, IU has many great colleges and schools to choose from. They also provide the opportunity and flexibility to finish your degree while playing in the league. (See: Cody Zeller)

The strongest pitch though is featuring him and becoming a Steve Alford, Damon Bailey, Calbert Chaeney, Eric Gordon, or Cody Zeller. A homegrown talent that thousands of youngsters look up to in the state and try to emulate.

http://www.insidethehall.com/2017/07/21/five-star-guard-romeo-langford-talks-iu-recruiting-pitch/.

Langford said his hips are “off,” which is causing him back pain and that he’s currently getting massages and doing pool exercise to rehab.

“I’m probably going to wait until the spring to make my decision,” he said. “I’ll probably want to take my official visits in the fall and then just wait until the end of my senior year of basketball to make a decision.”

http://www.insidethehall.com/2017/07/21/five-star-guard-romeo-langford-talks-iu-recruiting-pitch/.
Langford said his hips are “off,” which is causing him back pain and that he’s currently getting massages and doing pool exercise to rehab.
“I’m probably going to wait until the spring to make my decision,” he said. “I’ll probably want to take my official visits in the fall and then just wait until the end of my senior year of basketball to make a decision.”

Classic Spring commitment. Ugh.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

IMO this is best case scenario. If he was that sold on U of L like most say, why would he wait till Spring? Could still happen, but as of now hopefully this slows the Romeo to U of L talk.

The longer this goes on, the more time we get to sell him on IU and Archie. He can see how Archie coaches and how his sets will work to fit his game. I really hope we can get him to HH. I expect this year to be our biggest year for HH. The '19 5 stars, the commits from this class, Garland & RP both could come without using an official and so can Romeo, which would help us a lot.

If Romeo wants to be the guy U of L will lose more and more traction. Simmons, Ramey and a possible w Moses Brown among others. If V.J King stays then he will have a lot of guys to compete for the ball with.

One school I NEVER hear with Romeo that I believe to be a huge sleeper is Vandy. I won't discount them until he does. I see them, us, U of L & KU as well as UNC or UK getting visits and just like with us the longer he waits the better for them.

I normally hate that but in this particular case I think it works in our favor. This staff needs as much time as possible to make up as much ground as possible. This scenario at least gives us more time to sink our teeth in deeper.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I normally hate that but in this particular case I think it works in our favor. This staff needs as much time as possible to make up as much ground as possible. This scenario at least gives us more time to sink our teeth in deeper.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

It also allows CAM and staff to show that a player of Langford's caliber is what they need to truly compete.

2 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

You are going full Billy Donovan on this one. 

Haha no I'm not. I admit I got caught up in the Donovan hype. But I'm super stoked about Archie. I haven't been this excited for some time. I really think he'll kick it off with a bang and get Romeo

5 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I would like to hear the reasoning behind your statement

Because a player like him has too much at stake for this to be a poor decision.  This is about so much more than picking a school for him.  Its about building his brand to get a better endorsement package.  Its about picking a team that will help him showcase his skill the best way possible.  Too much can change in 6 months for that to definitely not change.  

Even if we were the best choice in November what if Deron Davis has either a stellar year and is going pro after this year, or gets hurt in march and will miss 2018 rehabbing.  There are a million possible what ifs that could happen to alter which school is the best choice for him.  

He has no fear of being recruited over so he should enjoy that time that skill affords him and use it to remove as much uncertainty as possible from his decision.  

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Because a player like him has too much at stake for this to be a poor decision.  This is about so much more than picking a school for him.  Its about building his brand to get a better endorsement package.  Its about picking a team that will help him showcase his skill the best way possible.  Too much can change in 6 months for that to definitely not change.  

Even if we were the best choice in November what if Deron Davis has either a stellar year and is going pro after this year, or gets hurt in march and will miss 2018 rehabbing.  There are a million possible what ifs that could happen to alter which school is the best choice for him.  

He has no fear of being recruited over so he should enjoy that time that skill affords him and use it to remove as much uncertainty as possible from his decision.  

Valid points but if a recruit is that sure about a decision, he shouldn't have to wait until the Spring signing period

2 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Valid points but if a recruit is that sure about a decision, he shouldn't have to wait until the Spring signing period

Yeah but thats what I am saying there are too many variables for him to ever be sure.