Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

I'm worried as long as UofL is involved. He's closer to UofL than IU so theyre more in his face that we are, and he likely grew up watching more UofL than IU. If CAM can pull this off then I'll be shocked and probably have a heart attack.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

That's tough. On one hand I definitely want to land Langford but would hate to see you have a heart attack over it. I guess for the good of the team a small heart attack wouldn't hurt!

New Albany kids love UofL.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

This part of the state Hoosier fans are outnumbered.I get so sick of the UL and pUKe fans
Something tells me we get Langford.His family seems to be the kind that would be turned off by the scandal at UL.

I'm struggling with this "time to makeup" ideology. Didn't Sean Miller pull in a top 3-4 recruiting class in his 2nd season at Arizona? Kids will go play where the best opportunity presents itself along with fit to coaching style. I don't know that it matters how much contact you have with a kid before the final year of HS. When I was 18 I was attracted to newest, coolest and most recent thing. I also know that girls didn't care how much I contacted them if there were better options lol. I just think the "behind in relationship" thing may possibly be overrated when talking about 16-18 year old boys. That's just my opinion which I'm aware doesn't mean a whole lot. Although I'm sure most guys understand my HS girls reference!

I'm struggling with this "time to makeup" ideology. Didn't Sean Miller pull in a top 3-4 recruiting class in his 2nd season at Arizona? Kids will go play where the best opportunity presents itself along with fit to coaching style. I don't know that it matters how much contact you have with a kid before the final year of HS. When I was 18 I was attracted to newest, coolest and most recent thing. I also know that girls didn't care how much I contacted them if there were better options lol. I just think the "behind in relationship" thing may possibly be overrated when talking about 16-18 year old boys. That's just my opinion which I'm aware doesn't mean a whole lot. Although I'm sure most guys understand my HS girls reference!

While I understand where you are coming from not sure your Sean example is entirely the best. I would use Calapari first year of having 5 first round picks in it.

Yes it was his 2nd season (2011 he was hired April of 2009) which would be Archie's (2019) class. A lot of time between now and then. If relationships aren't important we will pull at least a couple of 5* talent this year. As we will have PT available and hype around Archie. Relationships play a role for the majority of these kids however. Either way we will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

True but Calipari was also coming from a program where he was already establishing that one and done culture.

Edited by rcsalway29
sorry this was in response to btownbanne6

True but Calipari was also coming from a program where he was already establishing that one and done culture.

Well not that much difference between Memphis and Dayton historically so kinda crazy that he could get that talent there when Archie had to settle for top 300 kind of guys

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

IMO, I don't think pUKe has much of a chance to land Romeo. The kid is taking the Academic Honors program and it really seems like his parents value an education. pUKe's selling point is one and done, and I don't think that will provide much satisfaction for mom and dad. I really believe that it will come down to IU, Prostitute U, and Duke. If the NCAA ever decides to slam the hammer on Prostitute U, it could really be just us or Duke. I don't know how U of No Classes fits into the picture as of yet with good Ol' Roy showing up at New Albany a couple of days after the championship. Again just my opinion from reading all the articles on Romeo and his family.

IMO, I don't think pUKe has much of a chance to land Romeo. The kid is taking the Academic Honors program and it really seems like his parents value an education. pUKe's selling point is one and done, and I don't think that will provide much satisfaction for mom and dad. I really believe that it will come down to IU, Prostitute U, and Duke. If the NCAA ever decides to slam the hammer on Prostitute U, it could really be just us or Duke. I don't know how U of No Classes fits into the picture as of yet with good Ol' Roy showing up at New Albany a couple of days after the championship. Again just my opinion from reading all the articles on Romeo and his family.

My original thought was no way he goes to puke. However, CalIcheat will be coaching him on the USA under whatever team. I don't feel comfortable with any recruit around Cal and his peeps for that long.

My original thought was no way he goes to puke. However, CalIcheat will be coaching him on the USA under whatever team. I don't feel comfortable with any recruit around Cal and his peeps for that long.

Most of us folk down here SouIn are sold that pUKe is not going to get him. Alot of talk that the parents are not fans of Calislimy. My thoughts are it's definitely a 3 horse race. Talk here is that we have made up alot of ground and are a legit choice along with Duke and Hooker U. I think he wants to stay close to give his family a chance to watch him play and that fits the bill for only two of us!

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

Most of us folk down here SouIn are sold that pUKe is not going to get him. Alot of talk that the parents are not fans of Calislimy. My thoughts are it's definitely a 3 horse race. Talk here is that we have made up alot of ground and are a legit choice along with Duke and Hooker U. I think he wants to stay close to give his family a chance to watch him play and that fits the bill for only two of us!

I didn't believe we had a shot under the old regime. I was sold on him going to Duke. I'm not real sure why but I don't see him going to Hooker U. I've heard talk down here in Southern Indiana that Schilling and Shannon are close and it's entirely possible he ends up at IU.

Schilling has alot of trust and respect among HS coaches who have been around a while in the state. He is a known commodity as a developer and teacher of talent. If the parents of Romeo are true, deep down believers that he is a 1 and done, then, with the uncertainty of CAM's coaching philosophies that may sway them towards another program. You know what you will get with K and Pitino. But, and a big one at that, Romeo's parents value education and he is a great kid with a good head on his shoulders. It's amazing the time he gives to fans both young and old down here. He really is beloved as a young man and not just a player. He seems to be a very gracious kid. I think that even with some of the past situations during the Crean era, we have more of a family core value and student first approach then that of UofL and that resonates with his family and is important to them. Yes, that goes the same for Duke but I do think distance is a factor here. If Archie truly makes him the #1 priority, and stays on top of this, I believe he is ours for the taking. JMO!

I like the way you think.