Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

Zion Williamson is a key reason he decided to visit Kansas. Actual package deals are rare, but lets not act like these kids don't wanna play together. Garland and Romeo will visit 2 schools together. That is even more rare. Name some other kids that have took 2 different school visits together this year. Not many. It won't be a deciding factor as to if Darius goes elsewhere or vise versa we don't get either, but it will be a factor. How big of a factor none of us truly know. Kids say a lot of things. Besides U of L for Garland basically because of Ramey and Simons a lot of their schools were/are the same. Any kid that sees a friend considering one of their favorite schools is gonna talk about it, specially when they're both 5 star recruits. I have actually heard Duke fans say Garland was cooled by Tre Jones but even more once Romeo stopped considering them. 

8 minutes ago, Me So Hornsby said:

I know he is not super popular in these parts, but Albert is saying that Damezi has been in Romeo and Darius’ ears about coming to IU. Really like that.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Not to pick nits, but I don't recall anything said against Damezi. Total pleasant surprise when he committed, and I credit him with giving Archie some early legitimacy. And there have been a few reports of him recruiting for IU since he committed. Pumped to have him.

Not to pick nits, but I don't recall anything said against Damezi. Total pleasant surprise when he committed, and I credit him with giving Archie some early legitimacy. And there have been a few reports of him recruiting for IU since he committed. Pumped to have him.

I was more alluding to Albers haha. It was not super clear though and I had a typo so my bad on that one haha

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

He got auto corrected. He meant Albers who isn't popular around here

He did the same to Phinisee and it worked. Take what Albers says with a grain of salt though.

You take anything like that with a grain of salt, but I remember seeing damezi tweeting at someone(can’t remember which recruit) right when he committed. So he’s done it before

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Glad to see someone else in the Damezi fan club lol. I know we all like him, but I think this kid is gonna be a Buddy Hield type player. That is how much faith I have in him. Won't be a big contributor the first year or two, but by his junior year I expect him to be our leading scorer. The game comes easy to him. 

It is very telling about a player when they are looking out more for the team than themselves. Romeo and him could play on the court together, but mainly play the same spot. So if he is actively recruiting this kid, which I have seen a few things on twitter then that shows just what kinda head this kid has on his shoulders.

This is the type of player we need at IU. He puts team before self accomplishments and wants the best team on the floor. After a few years of working hard he'll be a contributor.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

43 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

The kid is awesome flat out. I have a twitter page I just started for covering mainly IU news, far from being an actual insider lol and he reached out via DM about helping me out and doing an interview. Kid has no idea who I am lol. Was borderline shocked he said yes. Well more like yeah sure man haha. He said he would follow me so thats all I expected. Definitely a kid I am proud to call a future Hoosier. Once I get it finished I will post in the appropriate thread. 

That's pretty cool. He seems like a great kid. 

Watching highlight videos, he can REALLY shoot the ball. Can't wait to see him draining 3s in Assembly.

The kid is awesome flat out. I have a twitter page I just started for covering mainly IU news, far from being an actual insider lol and he reached out via DM about helping me out and doing an interview. Kid has no idea who I am lol. Was borderline shocked he said yes. Well more like yeah sure man haha. He said he would follow me so thats all I expected. Definitely a kid I am proud to call a future Hoosier. Once I get it finished I will post in the appropriate thread. 

What's your twitter page

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app