Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

7 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

Looks that way. Seems as if the “tip of the iceberg” comments were premature. I think we may have seen the whole iceberg and it may be already melting.

I think the size of the iceberg is based on how much Gatto and Merl squeal or have to squeal to avoid real jail time. If they're forced to divulge all their dealings with umpteen schools/agents/players, this will be gigantic. 

3 hours ago, Demo said:

Wasn't Tyshawn Taylor a FCTC commit at Marquette before he took the job here?

Yes and I believe Darell Arthur was down to Indiana and Kansas before popping for KU.

Self clearly falls into the group of the smug, you can't touch me coaches like Calipari and Pitino. He walks around looking down his nose at everybody. I would love to see him burn.
He sure does.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Looks that way. Seems as if the “tip of the iceberg” comments were premature. I think we may have seen the whole iceberg and it may be already melting.
Agreed I knew they could never bring the game to its knees. As pete bell said it's about money just god damn money. If they brought down half the blue bloods tv ratings would crash. That's all they care about. It's sick. Sean Miller will probably get a slap on the wrist.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

The FBI was working on this case for 2 years. You cant really expect everything to have unraveled in a week can you? This isn't the movies.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

^^^This. If anything they have to be even more careful and very sure about what they bring forward now because targets are sleeping with one eye open. Personally, I hope they aren't sleeping at all.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

They could supersede with additional charges if they were ready, but for the charged case at hand, the pretrial evidentiary discovery and motions process will very likely go on for at least six months.

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/kansas-basketball-scandals-very-long-takes-time-read

An interesting (but VERY long) compilation of the many questionable activities to occur with the KU MBB program since one Bill Self has taken over the program. Several things bring his possible sleaziness into the light, while other issues are more on the players. However players with such issues are often recruited by Self, which says enough on its own. The post breaks the timeline of events down by year and was gathered by a poster on a Michigan board. Again, it's long. But there are interesting points from the beginning.

Wow I knew Self was bad but this is absolutely insane. Not to mention how pathetic and corrupt the NCAA is. I always hear that Romeo wants to stay close to his family. Maybe Self is offering to move his family to Lawrence. I really hope he doesn't play for this scumbag.

Sent from my SM-G935T using BtownBanners mobile app

Nassir Little is announcing tonight. If I am UNC or GT I am skeptical because he may not even be eligible next year. His decision could impact Romeo if he chooses UNC though. I'm sure they could fit both on the court with no issues, but worth following. 

4 hours ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Nassir Little is announcing tonight. If I am UNC or GT I am skeptical because he may not even be eligible next year. His decision could impact Romeo if he chooses UNC though. I'm sure they could fit both on the court with no issues, but worth following. 

Crystal Ball has him 100% UNC. 

1 minute ago, Hoosier Roots said:

Is there any reason for all of the Kansas talk all of the sudden or is it just because it's Kansas and a five star prospect?

I'm thinking that it's Kansas and a five star prospect.

2 minutes ago, Hoosier Roots said:

Is there any reason for all of the Kansas talk all of the sudden or is it just because it's Kansas and a five star prospect?

Last week he was coming here. I think it's just the yin to last week's yang.

It was Texas a couple weeks ago. I'm willing to bet no one really knows, so mad speculation will reign.

Because Kansas has always been a legitimate landing spot for Romeo. These type of recruitments where the family keeps the information in their inner circle drives scouting services crazy. Romeo visited Kansas last October for an unofficial so this isn't a case of Kansas coming out of nowhere

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I believe this will fizzle into a few scapegoats without the real players being touched. It is about the money and that makes a difference all the way down the line. If they had more, or thought they had a good chance of getting more, they would have waited to announce. Who's to say this is anything more than an appearance of taking down a corrupt system. We will know soon enough, but I will be surprised if this goes as deep as we think. I can't think that the FBI is as interested in college basketball as we think.