Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Has your source told you anything about Self, KU visiting the Langfords for their in home and making them mad? I was told something but not sure if it's true or not since I haven't heard it from others. 

Interesting to say the least

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I was told that Self tried to pressure Romeo in verbally committing to Kansas during his in home visit. And that tactic didn't sit real well with papa Langford. Don't know any of this to be fact or if it happened.

Interesting. You'd think that Self would have a better read on Romeo's situation and realize that tactic probably wouldn't work with him, but ya never know. 

5 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Interesting. You'd think that Self would have a better read on Romeo's situation and realize that tactic probably wouldn't work with him, but ya never know. 

It's because he knows IU is in the driver's seat. Have to keep pushing that train haha

I started reading IU boards (Scout) during the Eric Gordon/Derrick Rose recruitments, and began posting just after Tommy Crean became coach. I think by then it was the original HSN, which had many of the very best of what became this board. 
This board is currently the best of humor, moderation, potentially interesting inside info, and coherent analysis I've ever seen, but hey, I'm biased! 

I thought you were there too. I thought the Zeller recruitment was the funniest and funnest times there. Well, that and GC getting into it with mile.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

9 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

He's probably not eager to let Romeo and Garland get to HH together.

Zeller'a was worse. We had a ton of UNC fans on our Scout site daily telling us Zeller was going to UNC along with Butler fans. One fan stood out above all and got into it daily with one of the mods Ken. His name was TrustInRoy. Imagine the biggest homer on steroids from another fan base coming to our board daily for 6 months laying out in detail how Cody was going to UNC. There was everything from flight plans to know who was coming in and going out, to details of each OV. It was like our coaching search but 6 months of it. No joke.

I remember that guy from the old Scout site. CZ made my day when he committed to IU.

57 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Just so everyone knows, I don't share info unless I feel like it is important. I have been on this board for awhile and sadly my Crean4President account I had to cut ties with completely lol, but over the at least 6 years on here altogether I have barely used "sources" and don't say things unless I believe them. Anything I read on twitter or anywhere, I give credit to that article. Besides the Blackmon family who I have known for years and this recruitment I stay away from saying too much, because most of the time it is bullcrap. Anytime I hear or see something I try to race here to let everyone know. Seems like they may rub some the wrong way, so I will become a spectator. Now let's all pray for a Romeo/Garland commit and continue to count down the days till HH. 

I don't doubt that you believe your information is good, and I don't think that you're someone who is trying to claim to be an "insider" when you're not to look cool. I just wonder how "in the know" the person giving you info actually is, given how close to the vest the Langfords seem to be playing this.