Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

18 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Sounds like Doyel got similar info as to what I heard when I posted that KU was coming on strong earlier. Difference is I took it with a grain of salt and didn't overreact. Kansas is making a run, but that run is actually being involved with this recruitment for once. Asked my guy if he saw Doyel's tweet and he said, "is he an IU hater like Jerry Meyer? I said no he is actually a big reporter in the state here. He replied, wow I feel bad for Indiana sports lol. To be clear I don't have a problem with Doyel. He just says exactly what he is told. Doesn't dig into what he is being told.

Smells like when some were absolutely convinced Alford would be the next head coach at Indiana. Turned out all that smoke was blowing from one direction. Many a media person took that information at face value as well. 

45 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Sounds like Doyel got similar info as to what I heard when I posted that KU was coming on strong earlier. Difference is I took it with a grain of salt and didn't overreact. Kansas is making a run, but that run is actually being involved with this recruitment for once. Asked my guy if he saw Doyel's tweet and he said, "is he an IU hater like Jerry Meyer? I said no he is actually a big reporter in the state here. He replied, wow I feel bad for Indiana sports lol. To be clear I don't have a problem with Doyel. He just says exactly what he is told. Doesn't dig into what he is being told.

Funny, because Peegs said Kansas hasn't even been recruiting Romeo that much.

Just so I dont become that sources guy lol I make sure I never go directly off what I'm told and usually put my own spin on it unless it is exact quotes off twitter or something. That is why all I said earlier was KU was becoming a player nothing more. I dont think Romeo will have kept his recruitment quiet mostly this whole time just to leak his destination prematurely. His family is way to caculated for that as is he. 

Like I said that info was wrong. BTW Rabby has been wrong a lot in the past too. Just 6 months ago it was hard to find credibility off his name on this board. Now he is the only source? Everyone hears different things. It is the people that feel the need not to overreact each piece of info they get, that you end up trusting. 

I'm Romeos neighbor and I saw Pat Chambers leaving his house the other day.

Sounds like he's going to Penn State.

PS. I may or may not be full of crap.

Lol...you must be my neighbor too! I can't believe that I missed Pat. That bald top would've been glowing ted as hot as it has been down here. Thought you were a FC guy lol!

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

Sounds like romeo going on an official to Kansas like he has planned all along

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I was just saying that I read earlier from rabby and Brian snow that Kansas was hardly recruiting him, to now he had an in home with them last night as now he’s making an official visit there on top of the talk from doyel today. So sorry, to me hat doesn’t sound great for IU.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Guys, Romeo and his family have said many times that they plan on taking their time to make a decision. Greg Doyel's sauces said that he's close to committing to Kansas, but it's much more likely that it's just a coincidence that he scheduled his visit today. If anything Louisville essentially being eliminated today made him want to get his other visits all scheduled.