Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

9 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Curious.    Romeo Langford is choosing a 1-year stepping stone tomorrow.   There are > 13,000 posts about it in this thread alone.

What will you all do if he decides to go to a school other than Indiana?  What will it really mean?   Indiana has a solid team next season.  A highly ranked recruiting class, several highly ranked kids interested in the program, Archie is developing terrific relationships with local coaches, Indiana Basketball is still (and will still be) one of the most valuable entities in college sports; and the program is in good shape, good hands, and has a bright future.   

Putting aside the "he will make Indiana cool again" argument because I don't agree that Indiana needs to be "made cool again."  (Victor Oladipo, OG Anunoby, Eric Gordon, Cody Zeller, and Thomas Bryant are all recent pieces of evidence to substantiate that, in my opinion)   

Why are people panicked about this decision?  Why on pins and needles?  Why so anxious?   You'll all be IU fans whether he comes or not, and you'll all be fans the 2019-2020 season when he'll be in the NBA regardless of where he plays his 32-27 games next winter.  I hope he comes to IU, however I don't understand the panic and anxiety.

I wouldn’t say I’m panicked, but to bite and answer your question, I think IU 2018-19 has a huge need for perimeter scoring/a lead guard/a starting two. Romeo seems a dazzling example of those things. Without him, next season has a pretty low ceiling: probably a bubble tourney team without much chance of a deep run.

With him (and Juwan back), IU seems like a B1G title contender and potentially an interesting tournament team.

While the long run (2019-20 and beyond) forecast may not change much regardless of his decision, we can be excited about having a team with the potential to live up to the Indiana standards we heard Archie and Fred Glass lay out just one offseason away, instead of two.

The Romeo decision is massive. First, it makes us good NOW, not at some to-be-determined point in the future. Second, it gives Archie his first elite recruit and likely NBA player that he can use as a selling point to future recruits. Third, it will entice 2019 elite recruits to come to IU.
You are so very correct.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Great post and my sentiments exactly.

Curious.    Romeo Langford is choosing a 1-year stepping stone tomorrow.   There are > 13,000 posts about it in this thread alone.
What will you all do if he decides to go to a school other than Indiana?  What will it really mean?   Indiana has a solid team next season.  A highly ranked recruiting class, several highly ranked kids interested in the program, Archie is developing terrific relationships with local coaches, Indiana Basketball is still (and will still be) one of the most valuable entities in college sports; and the program is in good shape, good hands, and has a bright future.   
Putting aside the "he will make Indiana cool again" argument because I don't agree that Indiana needs to be "made cool again."  (Victor Oladipo, OG Anunoby, Eric Gordon, Cody Zeller, and Thomas Bryant are all recent pieces of evidence to substantiate that, in my opinion)   
Why are people panicked about this decision?  Why on pins and needles?  Why so anxious?   You'll all be IU fans whether he comes or not, and you'll all be fans the 2019-2020 season when he'll be in the NBA regardless of where he plays his 32-27 games next winter.  I hope he comes to IU, however I don't understand the panic and anxiety.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

The Romeo decision is massive. First, it makes us good NOW, not at some to-be-determined point in the future. Second, it gives Archie his first elite recruit and likely NBA player that he can use as a selling point to future recruits. Third, it will entice 2019 elite recruits to come to IU.

Indeed, and that's what i love so much about Archie and what makes him so legit. He's doing what it takes to win NOW and appears to be succeeding with flying colors. He knows darn well what the IU fans expect out of the program, and what he's been able to do so far in such a short period of time at IU makes him a grade A badass in my book, ha. 

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Jake Forrester commented on Romeos latest Instagram picture saying "IU". Romeo liked it. Jordan Tucker commented "VANDY" and Romeo did not like it. 

Did any Kansas commit comment and Romeo like it? (I feel so weird typing that lol. The depths we go to for recruiting sometimes..)

Someone comments he only said Vandy because he didn’t want to play him at BankersLife and Tucker responded with “you’re damn right”

He wouldn’t personally be able to play against him unless the game is in the second semester because he transferred mid season so he wouldn’t be eligible until second semester

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

5 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Did any Kansas commit comment and Romeo like it? (I feel so weird typing that lol. The depths we go to for recruiting sometimes..)

Hahah. None that I could see. Figured I'd share that so we could have yet another thing to speculate about lol. 

He wouldn’t personally be able to play against him unless the game is in the second semester because he transferred mid season so he wouldn’t be eligible until second semester

From what I just read he might be eligible.

He’s eligible as soon as the fall semester ends at Butler and that ended on Dec 12th last year and IU plays butler on Dec 15th this year so as long as Butlers semester ends before that he will be able to play.