Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

1 minute ago, HoosierMatty said:

I saw an announcement about who was arrested. Nothing about U of L.

Sent from my SM-G935T using BtownBanners mobile app

1. Could be a second set of indictments coming.
  2. Could be among the Informations filed (via sealed filings). 
  3. Could be sealed until arrests are formally made/defendants in custody

12 minutes ago, HoosierMatty said:

I hope we aren't involved. We are also an Adidas school. One of the arrests was an Arizona coach.

Were not. It said a school in the midwest with an enrollment of 22,600. U of L is that exactly. Bruce Bowen is the recruit in question who was paid 100K to go to U of L

26 minutes ago, HoosierMatty said:

Reading more about this scandal just proves what everyone has been saying has been going on. It's the shoe company's that run these dirty deals. The NCAA has done nothing to rein in these companies and to police them.

How exactly would the NCAA police shoe companies? They really can't do anything except piggyback off agencies with actual investigative powers.

If Penn State didn't get the death penalty, UL will be fine. Money making programs don't get killed no matter what they do. The sad state of affairs in the current NCAA.

Adidas just passed Jordan for the 2nd highest selling shoe. I doubt we leave. Not great publicity, but none is directed at us so I would expect us to stay with them. Glad to see the kid was Brian Bowen. I knew La Lumiere was a little sketchy. U of L came out of no where for a 5 star. 100 grand will do that. 

Back to Romeo though, word is his family will not jump to conclusions yet, but are very disappointed. Trusted Pitino after the Hooker U stuff and assured them

Of no wrongdoing. This changes things, but time will tell how much. IU keeps moving up more and more in the parents and Romeo's mind. I have heard KU is making a strong push. If he signs late that worries me. I believe he signs this winter tho.

Just now, iuswingman said:

Can't imagine Romeo going to UL now.  He wouldn't even know if Pitino will be his coach or what sanctions will be levied on the school.

Why risk it, especially if you are only going to be in college for a year and have other options.

I agree.  I think this is just too much.  UofL fans are sick of the program now, and I wouldn't be surprised if the local pressure for him to stay home wanes.  Not exactly how I wanted IU to win this recruiting battle, but I'll take it.  

Of no wrongdoing. This changes things, but time will tell how much. IU keeps moving up more and more in the parents and Romeo's mind. I have heard KU is making a strong push. If he signs late that worries me. I believe he signs this winter tho.

Once again, I am not in one bit worried about Kansas. It has been a priority this entire recruitment that Romeo and the Langford family would like Romeo to play somewhere close to home. This takes it down to 2 schools now. IU and Vandy. IU is my continued pick! ROOAAARRR!

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app