Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

When Romeo comes to HH his chants will rival Cody Zeller imo. Cody has had the loudest chants at any HH I have been to. I hope the fans don't forget Garland. Should be a fun night.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

You bring up a good point. I could totally see the fans having lots of loud chants for Romeo but forget about Darius. Well see though

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

21 hours ago, Old Friend said:

Please no chants.  Please. No.  Chants.

I feel that the only time a chant sounds good if it is a 2 syllable name. For instance the well known "Reggie" chant worked. I don't feel like a "Ro-me-o" chant will sound good. In general I do not like chants either as they feel forced/disingenious being that hundreds will join in just like sheep. 

I feel that the only time a chant sounds good if it is a 2 syllable name. For instance the well known "Reggie" chant worked. I don't feel like a "Ro-me-o" chant will sound good. In general I do not like chants either as they feel forced/disingenious being that hundreds will join in just like sheep. 

What chants aren't forced or disingenuous due to the music playing in the background? Very few chants happen organically.

4 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

What chants aren't forced or disingenuous due to the music playing in the background? Very few chants happen organically.

I hear ya. Only one I can think of was the chant for Reggie Jackson in that it didn't seem premeditated. And that's why I don't like them generally. I think a loud roar of applause and cheering would be more bone chilling to me if I were a recruit. JMO

I hear ya. Only one I can think of was the chant for Reggie Jackson in that it didn't seem premeditated. And that's why I don't like them generally. I think a loud roar of applause and cheering would be more bone chilling to me if I were a recruit. JMO

I think in this instance it isn't a cheer that is acknowledging something they have done. It is just acknowledging them in a way that says we want you to play for us and we know who you are cause we care about our program. I doubt when Vandy lost 179-0 to Bama there were any chants because the average fan doesn't know what basketball is. Right or wrong it means something to these players and will happen at Duke, UNC, and U.K. Not abnormal at all. It's definitely not for everyone.

Any new chatter on the visits? I went creeping on a free Vandy forum and didn't really see anything. I know... It's barely Monday afternoon. But I'm anxious, bored, and trying to avoid cleaning up my house

3 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

I bought a subscription to Peegs so I can get the inside scoop. It's only ten bucks for the first four months. Not a bad deal. I haven't seen anything earth shattering yet about Garland.

Looks like Garland was at Vanderbilt from Saturday to today according to the dates that ESPN announced. His next visit is Kentucky October 13-15. 

4 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Rumors are swirling that powerful people on the BOT are trying to force Pitino out. 

If true good, but I work in Louisville and have not heard anything. And there are a lot of Prostitute U fans were I work.

1 hour ago, VO5 said:

Why now? Isn't it a little late?

Sounds like Louisville might be one of the schools impacted from the FBI Investigation. Press conference at noon. None of their coaches were affected but maybe someone else. I know Adidas is the shoe company that is in trouble.