Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

If indeed we do land Romeo, somebody's not going to see the playing time they were expecting and I could envision losing a player as a result.  

I don’t really see how Langford would impact anyone on the current roster? Our returning lineup literally has nobody at his position. 

39 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I don’t really see how Langford would impact anyone on the current roster? Our returning lineup literally has nobody at his position. 

Somebody was going to have to play it though. Green or Al probably with Phinisee starting 

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Somebody was going to have to play it though. Green or Al probably with Phinisee starting 

Sure, but it’s not like there’s some established, or even typical, two-guard on the roster that will be relegated to the bench. There’s no RoJo or someone like JBJ that has to be worried about moving from the starting 2-guard spot to a 6th man role. 

If someone like Green or Al transfer it’s not because of Langford. 

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Sure, but it’s not like there’s some established, or even typical, two-guard on the roster that will be relegated to the bench. There’s no RoJo or someone like JBJ that has to be worried about moving from the starting 2-guard spot to a 6th man role. 

If someone like Green or Al transfer it’s not because of Langford. 

Oh agreed. I'm really hoping in fact that Green is ready to start at PG. And Al can support off the bench. 

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Oh agreed. I'm really hoping in fact that Green is ready to start at PG. And Al can support off the bench. 

Me too. Would really love for Green to make a leap next season as a pg. 

I know I've said this before, but the impact of Romeo choosing IU is going to be noticeably felt by full seats at Assembly Hall this year.
Hoosier Hysteria, Tuesday night non-conference games against Eastern Illinois, and all through the B1G season, I'll bet we don't have too many games with half-full rafters and mostly-empty student sections this coming season.
Can't wait.
Agreed and I still can't believe we are getting him. Massive get.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I know I've said this before, but the impact of Romeo choosing IU is going to be noticeably felt by full seats at Assembly Hall this year.
Hoosier Hysteria, Tuesday night non-conference games against Eastern Illinois, and all through the B1G season, I'll bet we don't have too many games with half-full rafters and mostly-empty student sections this coming season.
Can't wait.

I'd be willing to bet even the balconies are full for exhibition games. Romeo is a special player and fans will wanna see him as much as possible while he is still in an Indiana jersey. The impact he will have on our program is going to be indescribable.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I think Phinisee is going to be the starter from Day 1. If anyone transfers it may be Greene...he seems to have an ego more than anyone. Hope I'm wrong and he can buy into Archie's plan and play a key role next year possibly as a reserve.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

9 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Totally agree. And both Romeo and Devonte offer scoring. So one of them in at a time plus Al is a balanced back court. 

Imo we'll see some of Romeo, Green, and RP or Romeo, Durham, and Green or RP, Durham, and Romeo. 

Call it a 3 guard lineup if you want.. Romeo is 6'5-6'6 so it's not like he'll be undersized to play some college 3. But we will see some of those lineups, especially if the other team is undersized (ILL) for example.. and against their pressure. 

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Imo we'll see some of Romeo, Green, and RP or Romeo, Durham, and Green or RP, Durham, and Romeo. 

Call it a 3 guard lineup if you want.. Romeo is 6'5-6'6 so it's not like he'll be undersized to play some college 3. But we will see some of those lineups, especially if the other team is undersized (ILL) for example.. and against their pressure. 

Good point. I would assume Romeo will spend plenty of time on the ball, so defense, limiting TOs, and shooting will be paramount qualities in your PG. Nobody in the mix has shown all three consistently at the college level, so it may take some time to establish a hierarchy.

3 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Good point. I would assume Romeo will spend plenty of time on the ball, so defense, limiting TOs, and shooting will be paramount qualities in your PG. Nobody in the mix has shown all three consistently at the college level, so it may take some time to establish a hierarchy.

Agree.. but... Romeo is very good off the ball too. Green or RP in a pick and roll with Romeo on the opp wing/corner to kick too. I agree with everything you said.