Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

5 hours ago, mdn82 said:

We have 18 days until he announces. I am assuming he signed his papers for this level of information and certainty. That was able to happen this week I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

This should be the only question going right now. Has he already signed? 

Ive been thinking he has as well. I couldn’t see it being leaked otherwise. 

To be fair, at the time I thought Crean was the right coach.  The realization he was in over his head hit like a freight train.
Anyway back to Langford, still not getting my hopes up because been there and done that.
I never thought crean was the right guy but I guess he was all we could get.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Iugradman said:

Bossi has an article up on Rivals in which Romeo says he is still kind of up in the air. So this isn’t over yet.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/hoop-summit-romeo-watch-nearing-an-end-as-langford-sets-decision-date

8 hours ago, Bailey7878 said:

What is he suppose to say? They always say that

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

this board is nonstop laughs.

Move been thinking he has as well. I couldn’t see it being leaked otherwise. 

Looks like spring signing period started yesterday... So there's the possibility they announced the April 30th date after signing his LOI.

Guess we'll find out in a few weeks.

Sent from my XT1650 using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Feathery said:

Move been thinking he has as well. I couldn’t see it being leaked otherwise. 

If that were the case, then Chris007 would have been at 100%, not 98.1%.  Might be paperwork submitted for housing and such though.

If that were the case, then Chris007 would have been at 100%, not 98.1%.  Might be paperwork submitted for housing and such though.

It’s hard to say. But has to be something along these lines. Either the grad transfers were told he is coming, paperwork was signed, or Romeo is recruiting TJD or others. I mean it has to be in there somewhere for this level of certainty. Right?

It’s hard to say. But has to be something along these lines. Either the grad transfers were told he is coming, paperwork was signed, or Romeo is recruiting TJD or others. I mean it has to be in there somewhere for this level of certainty. Right?

Wouldn’t he have shared that? I wouldn’t assume, he has shared a lot and those details are not included.

Wouldn’t he have shared that? I wouldn’t assume, he has shared a lot and those details are not included.

He has to have a cutoff to avoid revealing his sources, or at least their position or location. We don't want that connection drying up!

I don't know, but the Langford's are playing this out to the end. They (Romeo) are still portraying the whole `I haven't decided yet' angle. Could they be so blind as to not knowing the disappointment that would be felt by those in attendance at the announcement. Yes, these are his fans that have been behind him following his rise, but most are still IU fans. Would be a punch to the gut. The legacy though intact, would be somewhat diminished. Years down the road, just a whisper on the wind.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

46 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

I don't know, but the Langford's are playing this out to the end. They (Romeo) are still portraying the whole `I haven't decided yet' angle. Could they be so blind as to not knowing the disappointment that would be felt by those in attendance at the announcement. Yes, these are his fans that have been behind him following his rise, but most are still IU fans. Would be a punch to the gut. The legacy though intact, would be somewhat diminished. Years down the road, just a whisper on the wind.

Sounds like you've lost a bit of confidence which is surprising since all along you've been one of the more confident in this.

Sounds like you've lost a bit of confidence which is surprising since all along you've been one of the more confident in this.

We all (well, me with no inside info) have moments where the clarity becomes a little foggy lol! Sometimes it hard not to be a little suspicious. Maybe just planting a little seed in the back of my mind...nah! ROOAAAR!

5 hours ago, MoyeNeeded said:

Well I am sure the Langfords are appreciative of the support, especially from the IU fans, but I don't think Romeo would select IU because he'd be disappointing those fans who supported him, he needs to make his decision based on what he feels is the right fit, and right now the buzz is that it could be IU.

I think you make a great point. Chris did say all the ducks were in a row in order for him to be at 98%. So I think you are on to something

This thread grows at an exponential rate and it's hard to keep up with so forgive me if someone has already posted this link.  More back story on Romeo and little anecdotes I don't recall having read previously.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2769764-unassuming-indiana-basketball-phenom-romeo-langford-just-wants-to-play-ball

So, here's the really important question: If Romeo does indeed decided to head to B-Town, what number does he wear? Does he do like a pro athlete and buy Al Durham a case of beer (just kidding) to pry No. 1 from him? Or does he buy Clifton Moore a case of beer (just kidding) to pry No. 22 -- Romeo's usual AAU number -- from him? Or does he just pick something different? 

4 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

So, here's the really important question: If Romeo does indeed decided to head to B-Town, what number does he wear? Does he do like a pro athlete and buy Al Durham a case of beer (just kidding) to pry No. 1 from him? Or does he buy Clifton Moore a case of beer (just kidding) to pry No. 22 -- Romeo's usual AAU number -- from him? Or does he just pick something different? 

I would think he would want #22.. 

5 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I have a very simple and fair solution to this ... 1 on 1 challenge for the number you want to wear.  Winner takes the number!  :92:

He was already committed. Plus only a 3 star, he isn’t gonna factor in to Romeo’s decision

He was already committed. Plus only a 3 star, he isn’t gonna factor in to Romeo’s decision

He's a backup plan.

Our backup plans have moved on. KU's did not.