Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

48 minutes ago, iufaninillinois said:

I just can't watch these All-star games. I absolutely hate them. Even if it's to watch someone that might come to IU

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This got me thinking.  I know Romeo is "focusing on All-Star games" in the weeks leading up to his decision, but what exactly is there to focus on?  These games are worthless.

I suppose there's a lot of PR and swag that goes along with appearing in the games though.  But still, it all leads up to the play on the court, which is just a joke.

This got me thinking.  I know Romeo is "focusing on All-Star games" in the weeks leading up to his decision, but what exactly is there to focus on?  These games are worthless.
I suppose there's a lot of PR and swag that goes along with appearing in the games though.  But still, it all leads up to the play on the court, which is just a joke.

Honestly it was probably a convenient answer to give the media. He's probably sick of the same question over.... And over.... And over. I know I am!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, AKHoosier said:

There is a lot of outside pressure on him regarding his decision. The all star games are once in a lifetime events honoring him as one of the best players his age. Also, this is an opportunity to play with some of the best players in his class. Maybe he wants to put off the decision and “focus on the all star games” and just enjoy the moment and enjoy playing in these games with the rest of the players. He’s also been able to go out and continually show that he’s one of the best players in his class.

1 hour ago, Kepner said:

There is a lot of outside pressure on him regarding his decision. The all star games are once in a lifetime events honoring him as one of the best players his age. Also, this is an opportunity to play with some of the best players in his class. Maybe he wants to put off the decision and “focus on the all star games” and just enjoy the moment and enjoy playing in these games with the rest of the players. He’s also been able to go out and continually show that he’s one of the best players in his class.

I hope he's finding out these all-stars are guns and ball hogs and that he wants to play some team ball for Archie at Indiana.

12 hours ago, iufaninillinois said:

I just can't watch these All-star games. I absolutely hate them. Even if it's to watch someone that might come to IU

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You mean nobody enjoys watching Coby White and Cam Reddish go a combined 4-19 from 3? Lol

17 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Andrew Slater changed his crystal pick to IU this morning. He has the highest accuracy.

Here’s what Slater said in response to a question about Langford on Friday afternoon: 

1 minute ago, croneleoni said:

Last I heard, he was Nashville-bound, but I would defer to a friend and intrepid reporter @JeffRabjohns or noted scout @INBBallSource

Who is this INBBallSource (aka Trevor Andershock)?  From looking at his twitter page, it appears he's pretty informed on Indiana HS and NCAA hoops.  I didn't see anything recent about Romeo, but if he's sharing anything positive with the likes of Slater, it can't be a bad thing for us (and certainly moreso that Rabjohns, IMO).

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I'm 80% in with Romeo to IU. Nothing sourced just reading what everyone else is. I think EJ to UK is a sign that Vandy is out. Announcing at the NA gym is a good sign for IU, Coach SS info and what was said to the Watfords is all positive IU talk. So things could change but as of today, I'm saying Romeo to IU.

As for the Watford info, there was a reason we didn't watch him for 38 games this high school season. It has all been worked out and we will be all over him this AAU season. But they called us to get the recruiting back flowing the right way. IUgradman can listen to Rabby & the Watfords all he wants to say IU is not in the lead but from the person or people recruiting him he is ours if we want him. The real question do we take Brooks and Watford because I believe we lead for both and we also I believe lead for TJD. The staff has had a plan for a while and it is falling into place. 

If all you said falls into place we are looking a monumental swing in IU basketball. Thank you for the post. 

1 minute ago, Blackmon_for_3 said:

If all you said falls into place we are looking a monumental swing in IU basketball. Thank you for the post. 

Well for three of those they have 6 months to a year to decide and things can change. But we already know that Brooks and TJD like to play together. I'm ready for Romeo to get this over with though

3 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Sorry, Chris007. I won’t question your info again. It just seems too good to be true. I agree we are in a good position with Brooks. You can see it when he talks about the coaches.

It's all good. There is a reason I follow Rabby too because he is a lot more sourced than I am. But I'm having private conversations with people, not interviewing them as a reporter.