Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

46 minutes ago, Ranger78 said:

I really think we need a 'group hug'. A lot of anger going on around here these days ... everyone has different opinions and different outlooks on what IU basketball will be... unless they're obvious trolls, I would say let them speak their mind on an open forum about IU basketball.  I agree with about 20  percent of what is posted on here, but I never get angry at the person posting their opinion.

The whole recruiting threads are the best at bringing out our best, which is mind boggling... the decision of an 18 year old should not bring out these reactions.

Call me what you want... I'm guessing, I've been called worse.

@Hovadipo Hova Hugs all around!

The funny thing about the  Etherington rumor that proves its not true is that the guy I talked to yesterday that heard that said it wasn't even Austin Etherington..... he said Archie told Aaron Etherington the junior at HSE that Indiana isn't even recruiting..... that makes zero sense and just proves its not true if people are getting all the different Etherington brothers mixed up on who it is. 

21 minutes ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

I think part of the negativity with some of the posters is that they just don't want to get their hopes up only to be let down, so they put on a negative stance.  Recruiting is a tough business, and sometimes it's difficult for people to balance their emotions throughout the process.

A lot of it is that we've been so unbelievably bad these past 20+ years that many of us no longer remember what a good program looks like.

Wow. 4-8 in the Big Ten, depending on how our 2 best freshmen work out. Way to stick your neck out. Maybe better than this year, maybe worse! How much great judging, objective assessing, and putting a lot of detective work into your reasoning did that take. Such an obviously safe prediction, like "predicting" cheating by major programs months after it's been a national story with promises for more, and then saying "I told you so" every time it comes up. 

I've been talking about this type of recruiting and an excuse for us missing these shady recruitments for YEARS. Not just the last few months. Check my history.

As far as the prediction, yes, you are right, it's a safe pick now. I'm not worried about that yet as the roster and other teams rosters shake out. My point was without Romeo or a big change we are a middle B1G team next year. That was my point with that comment.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The funny thing about the  Etherington rumor that proves its not true is that the guy I talked to yesterday that heard that said it wasn't even Austin Etherington..... he said Archie told Aaron Etherington the junior at HSE that Indiana isn't even recruiting..... that makes zero sense and just proves its not true if people are getting all the different Etherington brothers mixed up on who it is. 
So Etherington is or is not deep throat?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I've been talking about this type of recruiting and an excuse for us missing these shady recruitments for YEARS. Not just the last few months. Check my history.

As far as the prediction, yes, you are right, it's a safe pick now. I'm not worried about that yet as the roster and other teams rosters shake out. My point was without Romeo or a big change we are a middle B1G team next year. That was my point with that comment.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
You have also said we are not getting Romeo

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

A lot of it is that we've been so unbelievably bad these past 20+ years that many of us no longer remember what a good program looks like.

Ok, not sure you're picking up what I'm putting down as I'm talking about dead set negativity when it comes to recruits, but since you admitted you don't know what a good program looks like, then why would that make you want to be negative?