Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

I have no idea what you're trying to proven. Gary Harris didn't win a sectional and had Zak Irvin on his team.

This is what led me to block his posts. It’s just non-stop absolutism without any attempt to have logical conversation.

Like, no sheet there’s a chance NA loses tonight. It’s sports, and they’re playing a good team.

That said, if our staff doesn’t go tonight, I’m assuming their saving their visits for in-homes?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I have no idea what you're trying to proven. Gary Harris didn't win a sectional and had Zak Irvin on his team.

This is what led me to block his posts. It’s just non-stop absolutism without any attempt to have logical conversation.

Like, no sheet there’s a chance NA loses tonight. It’s sports, and they’re playing a good team.

That said, if our staff doesn’t go tonight, I’m assuming their saving their visits for in-homes?

It’s also entirely possible that Romeo/Tim asked the coaches to stay away during state to let Romeo focus. No point in watching in person if you can’t interact with the player. There are a million explanations, and none of us have the answer.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando BtownBanners

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

I love how you said “probably”, as if there’s a chance some posters have a better handle on IU recruitments than Archie!?!?

Physicist Brian Cox once said he often begins his statements with "of course I could be wrong but....". I decided to go with "probably" instead since we have some people here who are pretty confident in their opinions.

Rabjohns also just said 
"If your asking my opinion, I wouldn't go if I was the head coach.

If New Albany loses, I could go to a workout at the school where I could actually talk to him. I certainly would not have gone to regular season game where there would be a long autograph line and I wouldn't even be able to talk to the recruit.

Plus, he's planning to come to my campus for a third time and he's talking to me as scheduled - the Langford's have a general schedule for communication with Romeo so his phone doesn't blow up.

I wouldn't feel the need to show up just to show up because fans want me to show up.

I also would have a good enough handle on this recruitment to know that this is a player who isn't going to make his decision based on cosmetic things like how many times a coach watches him in March."

To be fair, I think Rabby’s interpretations of things are affected by his IU fandom. See the Garland recruitment. They may have “played” him, but it’s easy to convince people that what they want to believe is true.

Honestly I've never understood the point of the coach going to watch anyway. Like, if he's trying to decide if he wants to offer a player then it makes sense to watch him play. But, that's not the case here. We obviously want Romeo, and he knows we want him. I don't see why going to watch is so important. 

Physicist Brian Cox once said he often begins his statements with "of course I could be wrong but....". I decided to go with "probably" instead since we have some people here who are pretty confident in their opinions.

This is too accurate

Honestly I've never understood the point of the coach going to watch anyway. Like, if he's trying to decide if he wants to offer a player then it makes sense to watch him play. But, that's not the case here. We obviously want Romeo, and he knows we want him. I don't see why going to watch is so important. 

Imo a coach goes to the game to watch the kid play to see what skills he has and how he can use him. No reason to watch romeo he already knows so save visits for closing the deal imo

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Gary Harris is putting up 18 a game and shooting 40% from 3 in the NBA, so I'm not sure how you've reached this conclusion. 

In terms of high school. Don’t be dumb. You’re better than that

6 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Romeo Langford is not a god among men, all it takes is a couple bad calls or an off night from Sean East and Romeo is bounced. Losses can happen to anyone at any time, it's March.

5 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I never watched him in high school, but just looking him up Harris was a top 15 recruit and a McDonald's all American. He had another Mr. Basketball on his team and still lost. I don't have a dog in this fight, but there's certainly precedent for a top player to lose in the sectional. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I never watched him in high school, but just looking him up Harris was a top 15 recruit and a McDonald's all American. He had another Mr. Basketball on his team and still lost. I don't have a dog in this fight, but there's certainly precedent for a top player to lose in the sectional. 

Like I said, I’ll eat my words if New Albany loses. But I can’t see it happening

Give me a break. Gary Harris was a tremendous basketball player in High School. And in College. And in NBA. It's a fair comparison even if he isn't Romeo Langford.

6 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Like I said, I’ll eat my words if New Albany loses. But I can’t see it happening

But you don't know, you haven't seen Floyd play lololol

Give me a break. Gary Harris was a tremendous basketball player in High School. And in College. And in NBA. It's a fair comparison even if he isn't Romeo Langford.

Gary was really good. He was no Romeo at this level but he didn’t have to be. He had a phenomenal team. A top player losing at Sectional in this state is not unprecedented. NA will be favored for sure, but it isn’t a slam dunk by any stretch.