Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

I honestly wouldn't even care if Romeo went to Kansas.  If he did, I'd root for him next year and I do want to root for him.
Just, if he doesn't go to IU it better not be freaking Vanderbilt.
Agreed.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

If I was a head coach and I was seeing a potential recruit I would rather watch a high school game that will be competitive and show me how the recruit will respond to a big time championship game atmosphere instead of a game where he will win by 50 and not play the 4th quarter.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

True. But we are beyond scouting Romeo at this point, and LONG ago. These appearances aren't to figure out Romeo's capabilities. The visits for Romeo are to show how badly he is wanted/needed. Make connections and show we are supporting him, etc....

If I was a head coach and I was seeing a potential recruit I would rather watch a high school game that will be competitive and show me how the recruit will respond to a big time championship game atmosphere instead of a game where he will win by 50 and not play the 4th quarter.

I could see that aspect when talking about a 2019-2021 recruit but it's not like he's going to say "Wow, Romeo really shriveled under the pressure in that big sectional game and laid an egg. I think I'll withdraw our offer".
I mean he's a top-5 national recruit. Not trying to be argumentative, I just think his recruitment is way beyond the "game analysis" level.

True. But we are beyond scouting Romeo at this point, and LONG ago. These appearances aren't to figure out Romeo's capabilities. The visits for Romeo are to show how badly he is wanted/needed. Make connections and show we are supporting him, etc....

As a coach I would rather watch a close game instead of a blowout

I could see that aspect when talking about a 2019-2021 recruit but it's not like he's going to say "Wow, Romeo really shriveled under the pressure in that big sectional game and laid an egg. I think I'll withdraw our offer".

I mean he's a top-5 national recruit. Not trying to be argumentative, I just think his recruitment is way beyond the "game analysis" level.

If you were coach would you rather watch a 50 point blow out or a game that would be competitive? I agree there is no analysis needed in watching him anymore but if there was a choice between watching tonight against tomorrow. I would chose to watch 2 other kids tonight and watch a more competitive game tomorrow

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

If you were coach would you rather watch a 50 point blow out or a game that would be competitive? I agree there is no analysis needed in watching him anymore but if there was a choice between watching tonight against tomorrow. I would chose to watch to other kids tonight and watch a more competitive game tomorrow

Especially when every other kid is more likely to get knocked out first round, why risk not being able to see some of those guys again

Here's what we know:

1. Vandy insiders say they have Romeo in the bag.

2. Austin E I guess is now an insider now claiming Romeo is going to Kansas.

3. Those in and around New Albany think he is iu bound. Rabby says we will get another visit and people think his dad favors iu.

So basically we know nothing really. Every school had a source claiming they have him. My gut says Kansas or IU but what do I know.

10 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

We need to offer his PG, Sean East. It may help get Romeo. East was 10-12 from 3. He can stick an open shot.

Maybe a walk-on spot? I wouldn’t mind that. Sean East can play

7 hours ago, Bailey7878 said:

Here's what we know:

3. Those in and around New Albany think he is iu bound. Rabby says we will get another visit and people think his dad favors iu.

So basically we know nothing really. Every school had a source claiming they have him. My gut says Kansas or IU but what do I know.

So basically nobody knows anything.

1 hour ago, Fkfootball1 said:

We need to offer his PG, Sean East. It may help get Romeo. East was 10-12 from 3. He can stick an open shot.

The old Todd Leary to get Eric Montross offer that didn't work out, though Leary was somewhat serviceable for IU, so not a total miss.

7 hours ago, Bailey7878 said:

Here's what we know:

Not that I’m biased but I’ll take the word in New Albany over the other two

8 hours ago, Bailey7878 said:

Here's what we know:

The notion that Austin Etherington knows something about a New Albany high schooler's intentions is laughable, IMHO.

Here's one.....

I have it on good authority that V Oladipo talks with Romeo regularly and says he is IU bound.   See how this chit works?

McHoop

17 minutes ago, McHoop said:

The notion that Austin Etherington knows something about a New Albany high schooler's intentions is laughable, IMHO.

Here's one.....

I have it on good authority that V Oladipo talks with Romeo regularly and says he is IU bound.   See how this chit works?

McHoop

Actually, it was a 3 way text between Oladipo, Knight and Langford.

The old Todd Leary to get Eric Montross offer that didn't work out, though Leary was somewhat serviceable for IU, so not a total miss.

Yep. Unfortunately Montross was a big miss. Especially after Lawson transferred to Vanderbilt. Nover did his best in the middle, but adding Montross to the Cheaney teams would have been huge.