Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

35 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

CAM has 2 left. Depending on how IU’s compliance office views sectionals, technically he could go tonight and tomorrow and it would only count as 1 visit. Some compliance office view all games within a sectional as a single tournament so all games would be 1 visit for sectionals others view it as each game within a sectional counts as a visit

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yes that’s an interesting point on the compliance office. I would hope the whole sectional is counted as one visit

Would three regional count as one visit? If so, go to both games of that and not the semi state. 

This is where it gets tricky. I would guess CAM or any other head coach would want to save a visit for potentially playing in the state finals. If it was me I would use 1 visit for the regionals because you could potentially see TJD, Romeo, and Hemenway play all on 1 visit. No matter who you go see it counts as a visit for all that are playing while the coach is in the gym
I would also think about using one of my last visits as an in-home visit instead of an actual game. In-home visit allows more one on one time. Just my opinion

29 minutes ago, InArchWeTrust said:

Whoa!  I mean, whoa!  Ok!

Crean's done it four times with his pants around his ankles and heart racing out of his chest. I feel good about Archie, especially given his tournament performances with less "star power" on his Dayton teams. They just had time in the diamond factory that is Archie Miller's Boot Camp.

1 minute ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Crean's done it four times with his pants around his ankles and heart racing out of his chest. I feel good about Archie, especially given his tournament performances with less "star power" on his Dayton teams. They just had time in the diamond factory that is Archie Miller's Boot Camp.

I'm all for it, and certainly hope you are right!

I agree that by no means do we have a superstar stud class coming in. However, I do see it as one that will be an instant upgrade in the talent we were missing this season. 
Despite what people think robert johnson will be a big loss.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

This is where it gets tricky. I would guess CAM or any other head coach would want to save a visit for potentially playing in the state finals. If it was me I would use 1 visit for the regionals because you could potentially see TJD, Romeo, and Hemenway play all on 1 visit. No matter who you go see it counts as a visit for all that are playing while the coach is in the gym
I would also think about using one of my last visits as an in-home visit instead of an actual game. In-home visit allows more one on one time. Just my opinion

I actually agree with this mindset. An in-home visit would be ideal. Allows Archie to connect even more with the family and Romeo at the same time

45 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Good info.  I was curious how it worked with games/tournaments with multiple recruits.  It would seem that visits at games are mostly symbolic.  A practice visit would be more personal, and the in-home even moreso.  It'll be interesting to see how Arch handles it.

Losing to Rutgers in a BTT is pretty much Doomsday, no?

What else more embarrassing can possibly happen, except getting trounced by IPFW and Indiana State at home?

Was Indiana the only team to get beat by a poor team this yr? I'm not happy about it, but let's not act like it doesn't happen. Archie has this program going in the right direction. It's the first time I've felt this way since Knight was fired. We will be fine, but go ahead and be a doomsdayer.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The other 2 are for certain. Statistically. Losing to the last placed laughing stock in a tournament setting is REALLY bad. Worst 3? Arguably. But probably not. Although, I can't in my mind think of a more embarrassing loss than this one aside from the other 2 I mentioned.

Cleveland State

Losing to northeastern and Loyola(MD) at home were more embarrassing to me then losing to a Rutgers team on a neutral court that beat seton hall this year and lost in OT to Michigan st at the Breslin center. None of them were fun to watch. For me nothing would of changed if we won those 3 games you mentioned. IU would of been a 19-12 mediocre team instead of a 16-15 mediocre team that had very noticeable flaws and holes. IU would of still not beaten a tournament quality team all year (i guess u could say Notre Dame) and would of been no where near the bubble

Well said

25 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Robert Johnson was no better this year than he was a junior....when he was our fourth best player.  The loss of him will have everything to do with who steps up and can shoot the ball and little to do with him.  We'd miss Blackmon tremendously this year not because of his overall game but rather his ability to shoot from deep....especially the fact that he could do so when guarded.  RoJo wasn't that type of player offensively -- he needed space.

Oh wow.. yeah he was way better as a SR. 

21 minutes ago, iufaninillinois said:

Was Indiana the only team to get beat by a poor team this yr? I'm not happy about it, but let's not act like it doesn't happen. Archie has this program going in the right direction. It's the first time I've felt this way since Knight was fired. We will be fine, but go ahead and be a doomsdayer.

I like this, however I'd say it's more the way it happened than "that it happened" which has me concerned.