Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

DBm, you aren't that nice but I did give you a like for your Netflix comment. Enjoy it. Cuz if you don't get nice, you might get punched in the Gooch by olivia.....just sayin'...trolls don't last long on this beautiful Hoosier thread. We aren't a #bbn or #boilerup or any other shithole forum. Mind your p's and q's.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Haha. Laying down the law? Good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

DBm, you aren't that nice but I did give you a like for your Netflix comment. Enjoy it. Cuz if you don't get nice, you might get punched in the Gooch by olivia.....just sayin'...trolls don't last long on this beautiful Hoosier thread. We aren't a #bbn or #boilerup or any other shithole forum. Mind your p's and q's.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

b3a1b1dc6929fa00cedd8702db97bb2c.jpg

With some liberties...

Oh Hoosier fans, 5 star recruits will come.

They'll come to Indiana for reasons boilermakers can't even fathom. They'll arrive on campus not knowing for sure why it took so long to come. They'll walk into Assembly Hall as innocent as children, longing for the past. "Of course, we won't mind if you look around", you'll say, "It's Indiana".

They'll walk through Cook Hall with awe and wonder imagining themselves as the next Hoosier legend like Buckner, Calbert and Damon. And they'll walk out to the bleachers; and find a pair of candy striped warm-ups that fit perfectly. And as they look around they'll find they have their own lockers just waiting for them. And they will know this is where national champions, all-Americans and Hoosier legends used to sit.

And they'll imagine their first game and it'll be as if they dipped themselves in magic waters. The vision will be so thick they'll have to brush them away from their faces. Oh 5 star recruits will come Hoosier Fans.

The one constant through all the years, Hoosier fans, has been Indiana Basketball. Oh sure the administration has not shared the same dream as us fans but finally that has changed! The dream, hope and glory of old IU is back Hoosier fans and recruits are noticing.

You see, Hoosier fans, Indiana Basketball is different. It is extraordinary and the fans have been waiting for a long time. This Hall, this game: it's a been such a large part of our past, Hoosier fans but now it is part of our present as well. It reminds us of all that once was good and that will be great again.

Oh...5 star recruits will come Hoosier fans. They will most definitely come.

Awesome

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app

Said this in the game thread... But wasn’t one of Romeo’s biggest things in picking a school, that he wanted to compete for a National Championship? Hopefully he wasn’t watching that nightmare tonight... really think it could hurt IU’s chances.

Said this in the game thread... But wasn’t one of Romeo’s biggest things in picking a school, that he wanted to compete for a National Championship? Hopefully he wasn’t watching that nightmare tonight... really think it could hurt IU’s chances.

Then he better not pick Vandy either

8 hours ago, ap2345 said:

You have to figure that over half of the roster will be different if IU lands Romeo and Darius.

That’s a massive IF.. Also does this team immediately go from losing by 20 at home to Indiana State, to National Championship? Not so sure. 

8 hours ago, ap2345 said:

You have to figure that over half of the roster will be different if IU lands Romeo and Darius.

And as we saw last night it takes awhile to learn Archie's system. 

So is half the roster is going to be this lost next year?

46 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

It’s a little bit insulting to the Langfords (and Garlands) to assume that they’re so narrow-minded that they don’t understand the reality of a coach in his first year at a school, with none of “his” guys, and the guys he does have were recruited for a scheme vastly different from what Miller wants to run.

These families have been around basketball their entire lives and understand it as well, or better, than anyone on this board. A bad season (in regards to wins and losses) under these circumstances that they certainly understand won’t be a deciding factor.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Thank you for this. They also know if they were to come here over half the roster would be guys who haven't played a minute for IU. Last night sucked as a fan but didnt make me worried about what Romeo or Darius thought that could derail them from coming here off ONE GAME.

It sounds crazy probably, but last night might not be that discouraging for the recruits, imo. Yeah we looked like garbage, but they got to see that there will be lots of playing time available for them next year. 

I already mentioned it during the game, but Phinisee is definitely at least 6'. I was someone who was worried about his height when we were recruiting him this summer. I'm glad that I was wrong about that. 

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

And as we saw last night it takes awhile to learn Archie's system. 

So is half the roster is going to be this lost next year?

It only takes a while to learn if you have a bunch of bad habbits to break on offense and defense especially for the seniors who are probably to far gone to completely do what CAM wants. That's why I expect some of the seniors minutes to go down as the season goes along if they don't start figuring it out. I will be honest his system isn't as complicated as many think the bigger issue is toughness.

15 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Thank you for this. They also know if they were to come here over half the roster would be guys who haven't played a minute for IU. Last night sucked as a fan but didnt make me worried about what Romeo or Darius thought that could derail them from coming here off ONE GAME.

It's a good thing someone else has a reasonable point of view around here.